Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our Engineer team.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate is interested in building scalable infrastructure, adding system resiliency, improving developer productivity, & automating everything that can (and should) be automated. They will be responsible for overall site health & reducing operational issues. You will report to our Engineering Manager & be based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you'll do:
- Owning, scaling, & securing our cloud infrastructure, managed services, & PaaS platforms
- Working on projects to improve reliability & resiliency of our systems as we grow
- Be responsible for infrastructure uptime, monitoring/alerting, logging, & escalation process
- Working on improving developer tooling, including CI/CD, local dev environments, staging & one off environments, etc.
- Take ownership of planning, strategy, execution, testing, & overall success of complex technical projects
- Helping to define & implement team SLOs
- Being a technical leader & contributor to projects, including some coding, code reviews, & architectural discussions
Who you are:
- Minimum 6+ years of systems or backend software experience
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Heroku, or similar IaaS or PaaS platforms
- Minimum 2+ years of retail and/or e-commerce experience
- Proficiency in Golang or Nodejs
- Experience with Terraform, Kubernetes(EKS) & Airflow
- Team player with a no task is too small attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on & has since expanded to offer an array of luggage & travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London & Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies & has been recognized on TIMEs list of Best Inventions. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.