When we started in 2012, we set out to reinvent men's basics with underwear & socks as our starting point. Today, we are a full-fledged menswear brand that powers radically-efficient wardrobing. Rooted in smart design & performance fabrics, our products are engineered to work together through our pioneering Daily Wear System.
As we continue to expand our product offering & distribution beyond e-commerce, we are looking for passionate, proactive, strategic, & creative problem-solvers to join our rapidly growing team. If that sounds like you keep reading.
Mack Weldon is looking for a Senior Graphic Designer with a digital-first mindset that will help develop our brands aesthetic across all touch points web, email, social media, ads, & print collateral. You will work collaboratively with our in-house creative team & art director, & outside creative agency along with product development & marketing.
WHAT YOULL DO
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Concept & design email communications for new products, brand campaigns, & seasonal marketing messages that adhere to our brand standards & continue to push us forward creatively.
- Take ownership of high-impact creative project briefs such as: printed direct mail, interactive campaigns, etc.
- Brainstorm with the marketing team on new formats, content ideas, & treatments to enhance our creative across the board.
- Concept & design banner ads (interactive/static/animated/video) for paid social channels, focusing on either brand awareness/marketing or product marketing & conversion.
- Assist art director & VP creative in the planning & execution of photoshoots for ecommerce, marketing campaigns, & social content.
- Communicate creative ideas & design direction in a clear & concise manner to stakeholders during creative reviews.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 3-5 years industry experience in digital graphic design, eCommerce is a plus
- You have a current portfolio of self-created work
- You are fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, After Effects, Lightroom, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- You create visually stunning designs but are able to also prioritize the users perspective across all channels.
- You can work under tight deadlines & adapt to change.
- Love to come up with new exciting ideas & feel comfortable executing them
- Respond positively to feedback (we need a team player!).
- Resourceful, scrappy, & comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Stay up to date on design trends & technologies & can apply them where it makes sense for the Mack Weldon brand.
- You have a meticulous eye for typography & a pixel-level attention for details
- You have strong organizational & time management skills
- You have experience with GIFs & video editing a plus
- You have familiarity with HTML & HTML5/CSS preferred but not required
- Experience with Sketch is a plus
- Experience with Asana is a plus
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL
- Its all about the people. To us, diversity is a strength. We check our egos at the door & value all backgrounds & experiences. From our employees to our customers to our partnerswe build relationships that last.
- We give a sh*t. Every detail matters. We research, we test, we adjust. We take pride in everything we do by being thoughtful in our decision making & design process.
- We put our money where our mouth is. We work with ethical & humane partners, we act with integrity & trust, & we take ownership of our actions & mistakes.
- We build for the future. First, we listen; then we think, plan, & act for the long-term. We see problems as opportunities & take calculated risks to build a company that lasts.
- Full insurance benefits
- Open vacation policy
- Hybrid office model (in office M/T/Th)
- Great location in the heart of Nomad district
- Office snacks & drinks
- Thursday happy hours
- Free Mack Weldon gear
- Salary range of $80,000 - $95,000 *This range represents the low & high end of the anticipated base salary range for this NYC - based position. The base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: experience & qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, & balancing internal equity relative to other MW employees.