Brand Networks offers advertising optimization & insights combining paid social media, programmatic display, & video. The company delivers award-winning adtech & services to hundreds of enterprise customers, including 71 of the AdAge 100 Leading National Advertisers & 14 of the 25 biggest US companies as ranked in the Fortune 500.
Brand Networks is currently seeking a Senior Strategist of Media Development. As a member of the Media Development team, this individual will be responsible for driving the client pre-sales process for new media prospects. The Senior Strategist will be tasked to work with cross-functional internal teams & external clients to develop strategic media plans for the US Digital Media Sales division. The Senior Strategist will collaborate with Brand Networks Sales teams, Campaign Management Teams, Creative, Marketing & Solutions teams in order to help improve systems, workflow, processes & communication across the organization. This individual must possess exceptional relationship-building skills to work with various internal stakeholders.
In this role, the Senior Strategist will work directly with the Sales organization to provide overarching paid media strategy as well as upselling strategies spanning channels & tactics across Programmatic Display, Video & Social. This role requires both strategic & tactical expertise, leveraging the know-how of cross-channel media buying & planning to showcase Brand Networks as a leader in technology-led service. They must possess a deep knowledge of the social & digital media, the ad tech space, as well as a strong understanding of Brand Networks proprietary technology & differentiators. They must also possess excellent communication skills to impart critical information to a broad audience.
Success in this role means meeting or exceeding clients quarterly revenue targets, managing & meeting deadlines, establishing & maintaining a management framework that drives efficiency for sales output, while also maintaining high satisfaction among the Sales Organization. In an ever-evolving advertising landscape, strong general problem-solving skills are required to deal with new challenges as they arise.
- Lead media development process on a project basis with sales lead; ability to own strategy development for potential new clients.
- Identify & solicit cross-department stakeholders needed to successfully build a new business pitch.
- Ensure all recommended media plan are actionable; leverage Campaign execution if necessary to valid recommendations.
- Coordinate with Media Solutions Team to leverage best practices & POVs across media channels.
- When applicable, tap into Solutions team to provide innovative technology-led recommendations.
- Project manage new business team to ensure required deadlines for proposal deliverables are met.
- Act as subject matter expert in the sales process; strong understanding of how & why proposals convert to new business.
- Act as a gatekeeper of all sales collateral & material; work in partnership with marketing to deliver consistent narrative for all new business.
- Ensure there is a strong & consistent quality of work across all client deliverables.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of cross-channel changes & capabilities.
- Leverage your understanding of the complex digital ecosystem in order to identify upsell & cross-sell opportunities for all potential new clients.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or equivalent field of study.
- 3+ years of direct digital or social media experience required; experience working in a media planning or buying position at an advertising or media agency preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of digital media tools, platforms, & audience tools. Ad tech marketing knowledge & proficiency is preferred.
- Extensive experience working with native social & digital media ad platforms (Facebook Ads Manager Twitter Ads, Amobee, TTD etc).
- Advanced skills in Excel (pivot tables & macros) & skilled in PowerPoint
- Understanding of fundamental ads metrics & calculations (CTR, CPC, CPM, CPA).
- Strong analytical, quantitative & problem-solving skills; ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, & develop actionable recommendations.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills; the ability to think on your feet, be creative & talk knowledgeably about digital & social media & its implications on todays businesses.
- Strong presentation & story-telling skills.
- Entrepreneurial in nature.
- Ability to move fast, be bold & thrive in a dynamic, quickly changing environment.
- Good sense of humor & team player.