As a key member of the Corporate Development team, you will work directly with the Head of Corporate Development to identify exciting acquisition opportunities in support of Pluralsight's strategy - & then make them happen. You'll be deeply involved in both executing deals & integrating them to take accountability for ensuring their success. You will work collaboratively with functional leaders across the organization & will have access & frequent exposure to the most senior leaders at the company. This role is an opportunity to build on your skills in finance/M&A while developing your skills in strategy & operations. You will become deeply familiar with the SaaS business model, & you'll have a chance to drive significant inorganic growth to accelerate Pluralsight's already rapid organic growth.
Who you're committed to being:
- Innately curious: You are confident in your abilities but humble & eager to develop further.
- Highly analytical: You have a passion for digging into the details to draw out clear insights, & you also seek context to understand the bigger picture.
- Self-starter: You proactively push forward rather than waiting to be told what to do. You prioritize your time with an eye toward achieving the greatest possible impact.
- Clear, persuasive communicator: Both in person & in writing, you can distill complex ideas & data into clear stories; you recognize your audience & tailor your style & message accordingly.
- Optimist with a dose of skepticism: You see possibilities everywhere, but you don't hesitate to question when something doesn't make sense.
- Unwavering integrity: You pride yourself in being honest, reliable & sincere. People trust you.
- No ego: You are collegial & treat everyone with respect, regardless of title or status.
What you'll own:
- Financial modeling: Build financial & valuation models to evaluate acquisition opportunities.
- M&A strategy: Work with the Head of Corporate Development & the Corporate Strategy team to develop & fine-tune the M&A strategy in support of the overall Pluralsight strategy.
- End-to-end M&A execution: Be involved in every stage of the process: sourcing, building relationships with targets, developing strategic investment theses, due diligence, financial analysis, negotiations.
- Cross-functional partnership: Partner with functional leaders across the organization in leading due diligence.
- Storytelling & influencing: Prepare presentations that translate learnings from research & due diligence into clear materials for relevant internal stakeholders, including C-level executives & Board members.
- Integration: Ensure the success of acquisitions by developing detailed, cross-functional integration plans & supporting the execution of those plans.
Experience you'll need:
- Deep experience building financial & valuation models, doing market research & performing diligence on companies (i.e., 2+ years of experience in investment banking, PE/VC, or corporate development)
- A track record of high achievement in fast-paced, quickly evolving & ambiguous environments
- SaaS, cloud or other tech experience is a plus, but a passion for tech is more important
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 & trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations & individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft & take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles & become scalable, reliable & secure. We come to work everyday knowing we're helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us & our values are at the helm of how we work together. It's our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We're adults, & we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics & trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, & peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds & experiences, & united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.