The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade & frequently costs $1B+. And the problem is only getting worse.
TrialSpark is a new healthcare company that owns the end-to-end drug development process. Our proprietary technology allows us to integrate & improve clinical research for patients, providers, & sponsors, while executing clinical trials faster & cheaper.
As an Operations Associate, you will be responsible for growing & managing relationships with clinical trial sites for upcoming study opportunities. As a member of the Site Operations team, you will focus on 1) proactively creating new site relationships & 2) managing sites through the study selection process. This includes referencing upcoming studies in the TrialSpark pipeline & building relationships with sites who can support those studies by identifying data sources to locate the best sites, testing various methods to engage & build relationships with sites, & partnering with the Patient Recruitment & Medical teams to understand & assess site capabilities for upcoming study opportunities. This role will require you to work cross-functionally internally, while also interacting daily with physicians & staff at sites of varying size & type.
Core Responsibilities will include
- Prospect & identify site leads to support upcoming clinical trial study opportunities
- Conduct outreach via cold call, email & other outreach channels to sites
- Assess, strategize & implement new tactics to reach & convert top sites
- Oversee & manage process of collecting key data from sites & their staff to utilize during the site selection process
- Identify & recommend continuous improvements to outreach process to drive efficiencies & enhance site experience; diagnose & test new strategies to increase conversion across channels
- Build & maintain an organized campaign strategy, logging approach & goals along the way
- Manage communications with site physicians & staff partners, facilitate internal handoffs & ensure relevant site data & information shared with appropriate internal stakeholders during site selection & feasibility process
- 2+ years of operations and/or expansion/growth experience, healthcare experience is a plus!
- You like to create things from scratch & can operate effectively in fast moving environments
- Are an effective communicator & thrive in customer-facing roles
- Are detail-oriented & thorough. You double & triple-check your work
- Are organized, persistent & empathetic. You consistently follow-up on tasks & arent afraid to track down people you need to help solve problems
- Are focused on providing great experiences & quantifying your results
- Are curious & proactively find ways to resolve issues before they arise
- Are able to navigate ambiguity & shift direction when priorities change
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.