Founded in 2010, CLEARs mission is to create frictionless experiences. With more than 12+ million members & hundreds of partners across the world, CLEARs identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, & travel. Whether its at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - making everyday experiences easier, more secure, & more seamless. Since day one, CLEAR has been committed to privacy done right. Members are always in control of their own information, & we never sell member data.
CLEAR is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Enrollment & Identity team. In this role, youll be responsible for building cutting-edge applications. Were looking for someone who is passionate about technology, stays on top of the latest trends, & loves building enterprise-grade, distributed applications that provide value to our customers. Youll do the best work of your career.
Your team will be building distributed back-end applications that enable the enrollment & identification of Clear members as we scale to 20 million. You will be interfacing with our cloud native services hosted in AWS using modern distributed application design patterns.
What You Will Do:
- Design, build or enhance backend platform services that power CLEARs user-facing applications
- Use best practices to deliver high quality code; Unit-test code for robustness including edge cases, usability, & general reliability as well as functional tests
- Implement new features & optimize existing ones from draft to implementation
- Understand various systems in our platform & how to orchestrate them to support use cases across our apps
- Work with stakeholders, such as product owners & adjacent teams, to define & refine requirements & validate functionality
- Drive & improve the operational excellence of the services owned by your team, including continuously improving the performance, observability & security of the application. Be part of the teams prod support rota
Who You Are:
- You have 4+ years of experience building distributed backend services using Java or similar
- Experience developing APIs
- Experience working with Docker, bonus if worked with Kubernetes
- Experience monitoring services & infrastructure using charting frameworks (Graphite, SignalFx, DataDog, ELK etc) and/or logging frameworks (SumoLogic, Splunk etc)
- Experience with event-based system design & microservice patterns
- Familiarity with observability principles like MTTD, MTTR etc & the Four Golden Signals
- You have the ability & willingness to work with any language building both back-end applications or utility scripts
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal & collaboration skills
- Curious about technology & believes in constant learning