Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
We are looking for a B2B Email Marketing Associate to join our growing marketing team at our HQ in SoHo. You will support the strategic planning & own the implementation of email marketing strategies for our B2B products. You will be responsible for email production, execution, testing, proofreading, deployment, & reporting of email campaigns. In this role, you'll exercise your full range of strategic, analytical, & creative skills to help millions of learners achieve their goals every day.
Embedded within the marketing team, you will work closely with the creative, business, & data science teams to implement marketing campaigns focused on the entire end-to-end business user journey.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Implement all B2B email marketing campaigns, including onboarding series, nurture emails, transactional emails, seasonal campaign emails, & more
- Develop & execute a rigorous testing strategy to continually optimize these programs, including identifying opportunities to run multivariate tests for campaigns, with the goal of driving engagement & purchase
- Track campaign effectiveness through email reporting & analysis & create ongoing data-driven approaches for continuous improvement to email communication strategies
- Work with the Creative & Business teams to manage & oversee all aspects of the email development process
- Regularly identify trends & track email marketing strategies from other B2B SaaS brands to glean insights on new ideas for lifecycle email marketing
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2+ years of hands-on professional experience creating email marketing campaigns & automation
- Copywriting experience & a passion to craft a narrative
- Strong attention to detail our emails reach tens of millions of inboxes every month
- Awareness of email marketing trends & best practices
- Prior experience with marketing automation tools & email service providers, like Iterable or Customer.io
- Familiarity with data analytics tools like Google Analytics, Looker, etc. to analyze results & identify new opportunities
- Ability to edit HTML & CSS email templates
- An understanding of the requirements for CAN-SPAM compliance as well as the nuances of email compliance internationally in various regulatory regimes (e.g., GDPR or CASL)
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Experience with Liquid for dynamic personalization
- Experience at medium-to-late-stage startups
- Experience in B2B SaaS businesses, specifically education
- Experience with other CRM channels such as push notifications, SMS, or in-app messaging
- Interest in coding or passion for empowering others through coding education is a plus
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.