What is Box?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration, & workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, & we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in London, France, & Germany, & the new Poland location will act as a global engineering & product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
Why Box needs you?
We're a diverse mix of backgrounds & skillsets & each of us makes a big difference every day. We need leaders that know how to run enterprise-grade services & is passionate about combining software & systems engineering to build & run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. Boxs SRE organization ensures that Boxs customers have a highly reliable, performant experience while enabling developers to excel at what they do best quickly iterate & deliver a world-class product. Much of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure & eliminating work through automation.
What Youll Do?
You will be part of the inaugural SRE organization, where you will have the unique opportunity to bring your expertise during the exciting phase of Boxs journey to a cloud-first environment. You will enjoy flexing your leadership & technical muscles & get to work with cutting-edge technologies that will define the future of Box. You will have visibility & impact across all of Engineering.
- Scale your team via mentorship & build a culture that reflects your values of accountability, collaboration & passion.
- Drive the roadmap in conjunction with SRE leadership & supported service owners. Bring together multiple perspectives & be the key connector in this important & highly visible role.
- Participate in deep technical design discussions within your team, across partner teams, & ensure that were building the right solutions.
- You will build software, frameworks, & tools required for reliable operations of Box's services across multiple cloud environments
- You will be constantly developing automations / frameworks / tools for better platform reliability/availability.
- You'll collaborate with other engineers on the team as well as cross functionally to foster solid engineering principles & represent our engineering values
- You're detail-oriented & curious & when you're faced with a black box - you open it up & figure out how it works
- You effectively prioritize & manage your time & you can communicate effortlessly in any medium - email, slack, phone, face-to-face - & to any audience from a senior engineer to a vice president
- 3+ years of experience managing engineering teams & delivering SRE on a global scale
- You have experience running distributed systems in production at scale & have managed systems with software
- You are a hands on engineering leader with experience on higher level coding languages (e.g Python, Go)
- Experience translating business needs into engineering opportunities focused on scale, performance, reliability, efficiency, & product velocity.
- Experience growing & managing diverse, talented, global engineering teams.
- Experience building strong relationships within & across peer teams that foster deep engagement & delivering key technologies.
- You are passionate about solving complex problems with software
- Experience in system design & able to help the team in designing complex systems/frameworks
- You act like an owner & strive to do work you're proud of, both technically & in your team interactions
- You are able to inspire other people to work with you, & you enjoy mentoring & coaching others
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice. For more details on how Box Poland protects your information, please see our Supplemental Personnel & Candidate Privacy Notice.