The Squarespace Finance team is looking for an Accountant to join our team. You will contribute to the transformation of our financial reporting processes to an automated stream-lined state.
This is your chance to make a impact by driving process improvement & system implementation efforts to refine operations & improve the quality of the close process. You're the perfect Accountant candidate if you are a a self-starter & excited to apply your knowledge to strengthen the financial reporting of a fast growing SaaS company.
You will report to the Senior Accountant & will be a full-time hybrid employee based in our New York office.
- Execute daily & monthly functions to support the accounting team in accurately processing accounting transactions following GAAP
- Ownership of employee related expenses including the recording of payroll & benefits
- Acquire detailed understanding of business processes & connecting them with financial results
- Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency of existing processes & proposing enhancements
- Responsible for accurate & timely month & year end close activities including detailed review of payroll & benefits
- Perform financial statement analysis & document insightful & meaningful explanations for fluctuations
- Help create & maintain accounting policies & procedures that comply with applicable internal control guidance
- Support the accumulation of support for our annual audit & quarterly reviews
- At least 3 years of hands on experience with month end close
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Experience with Netsuite or other large ERP system
- Experience with ADP & / or Workday a plus
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefit
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Cash Compensation Range: $70,500 - $113,850 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, & location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal (coming soon!) & coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, & Australia. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate & consistent during the hiring process.