Lyft is searching for an experienced senior level IT Support Specialist for our New York City office. You will have have significant experience in supporting a fast-paced, high-growth environment. You are comfortable working as part of a distributed team & will be primarily supporting the engineering & operations team in both our Manhattan & Long Island City Offices.
You are someone who asks questions, is confident in not knowing everything, & would rather collaborate with others than go it alone. You are crisp & detail oriented, but able to work outside of the boundaries when necessary. On top of your proven history of success, you have a passion for technology and, like us, you value hard work & fun in equal measure.
- Troubleshoot hardware & software problems with Apple products, including desktop & laptop hardware
- Build & deploy laptops & desktops using standard deployment tools(JAMF, LanDesk, DeployStudio, Deep Freeze)
- Support & assist employees using AV systems, both onsite & remote, including CFM Hangouts, projectors, audio & video conferencing
- Assist with AV setup for internal meetings & events
- Creating accounts for new hires
- Deploy & support software to end-users
- Respond to support requests in the IT Helpdesk both in person & via a ticketing system
- Managing inventory for hardware & software
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in IT support roles
- Basic to intermediate networking skills, including an understanding of servers, switches, WiFi, etc
- Experience with administration of Apple computer products using enterprise management tools
- Knowledge & hands-on experience managing Windows laptops & desktops
- Experience using & managing ticket-based enterprise workflow management systems, particularly JIRA Service Desk & Confluence
- Strong OS X & Mac hardware troubleshooting experience
- A positive, service-oriented attitude
- Solid problem solving skills
- Ability to lift heavy equipment (50+ pounds) as needed
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.