The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
As the Associate Director, Human Resources at The RealReal, you will play a key role in advising & coaching the senior business leaders in Engineering, Product & G&A with people & strategy. In partnership, you will develop & drive a talent agenda which aligns with our business goals.This role will be a valued partner to the business in identifying opportunities, developing & implementing solutions & strategies to ensure impactful results.
This position is based in Secaucus, NJ & will report tothe Human Resources Director.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- First point of contact for all HR inquiries for specified business unit.
- Helps identify & monitor the company culture to ensure it supports the attainment of the business goas & promotes employee engagement, retention & satisfaction.
- Conducts investigations & provides resolution for employee relations issues.
- Manages employee engagement & recognition programs & events.
- Advises & monitors business partners in the disciplinary process.
- Counsels business partners providing guidance on performance management, conflict resolution, development, needs assessment & training.
- Advises managers on employee safety & welfare.
- Resolves employee questions regarding company policies.
- Assists with formulating policy development & documentation including updating revisions to existing policies.
- Manages the employee transfer, promotion & onboarding process.
- Assists HR Director with implementing new policies/programs & training of business partners
- Assists HR Director with personnel forecasting (headcount) & changes in organizational structures.
- Partners with the TA/Recruitment Team on all position requisitions (new & backfills).
- Prepares & revises Job Descriptions with hiring managers.
- Coordinates with TA & hiring managers on all employment offers.
- Conducts exit interviews & provide feedback to management & Executive Leadership.
- Manages information within HRIS & creates reports, assessing, manipulating & presenting data in usable format.
- Ensures compliance with all new hire documents.
- Conducts New Hire Orientation.
- Leads the implementation of the Performance Management System for business partners.
- Supervises the Human Resources Coordinator.
- Knowledge of US employment law (Federal, State).
- Excellent written, verbal & strong presentation skills.
- Active affiliation with appropriate HR networks & organizations.
- Ability to supervise others.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships & influence at all levels of employees.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands.
- Proven ability to drive execution & achieve business results while meeting deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Google business platform, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Bachelors degree in HR or Business or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years HR experience including generalist responsibilities.
- Required travel: 10%