Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating simple experiences in a complex world.
We are looking for a thoughtful user-centered designer to take a leading role designing the core features of our cloud infrastructure products for developers & data scientists. Reporting to the Manager of Product Design, Core Products, the Senior Product Designer will join a close-knit, collaborative, & light-hearted team, making sure our customers get the best possible experience from our products & services.
Simplicity & usability are central to the DigitalOcean differentiator. The Product Design team has an impact across the organization, working with engineering & product teams to create experiences that make development much more enjoyable & much less frustrating. As the product grows, the challenge of keeping the platform & experience simple becomes even more crucial. Our team is committed to helping each other grow as designers & be impactful in our design work.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Designing experiences to help build DigitalOcean into a robust cloud host that is simple, friendly, beautiful, & powerful for application developers.
- Collaborating with designers & developers to use, curate, & expand our design system.
- Planning & running collaborative sessions to facilitate creativity, problem framing, & alignment of strategic direction.
- Discovering insights through continuous customer, user, & stakeholder engagement.
- Testing your designs with users. Iterating on your designs when they don't work.
- Owning design for a primary product, but understanding its role as part of a larger product suite.
- Finding new ways for the design team to succeed through process refinement & adaptation.
- Identifying potential roadblocks & working with team leads to find a collaborative solution.
- Participating in regular design reviews with the Product Design team, providing valuable critique & guidance.
- Rapidly prototyping interactions & experiences to communicate research findings & design intent.
- Hanging out with our friendly design team! :)
What We'll Expect From You:
- You can design user-flows, prototypes & interactions for a complex, highly technical system.
- You have professional experience designing transactional productivity applications.
- You have demonstrated repeated use of research methods to both get to the right design & get the design right.
- You make design decisions supported by design theory, research data, business goals, & team principles.
- You obsess over the details & keep the user at the center of your work.
- Expertise in either interaction or visual design, & the ability to understand what each one brings to the experience.
- You have experience partnering with engineers & understand how to collaborate with them.
- You are a self-starter, someone who feels responsible for their work & knows how to ask for help & guidance when needed.
- You are comfortable presenting & explaining your work, & have experience fostering a user-centered mindset in cross-functional teams.
- You are curious, & love to learn new things.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, & office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: User Experience
Want to learn more about our User Experience team? Clickhere!