iCapital Network is a financial technology company with the mission of making high-quality private investments widely accessible to advisors & their qualified clients, while enabling investment managers to access new sources of capital.
The iCapital Flagship Platform allows registered investment advisors, broker-dealers, private bank, family offices & other sophisticated investors access to a curated selection of alternative investments, including private equity, credit, real estate, venture capital & hedge funds along with extensive due diligence support, an automated subscription process & integration with a wide range of custodians & reporting packages.
iCapitals configurable technology & specialized suite of services is also used by asset managers & financial institutions to streamline & automate their private fund operational infrastructure.
Initially launched as an on-line marketplace for alternative investments that were sourced & diligenced by the iCapital Research & Due Diligence team, the company has grown substantially in the most recent periods through the sale of software & services associated with the white-label offering of its enabling technology & through the acquisition of substantive books of business from Bank of America/Merrill Lynch & Morgan Stanley. Premier clients include BlackRock, Blackstone, Carlyle Group, BNY Mellon, Hightower, United Capital & Dynasty Financial Partners.
Job Title: Audit & Regulatory Reporting, Associate. Princeton, NJ based
The Audit & Regulatory role will assist the lead Assistant Vice President with ensuring that the audited financial statements for over 600 separate legal entities are completed on time & accurately. The team oversees various vendors in this process such as BIG 4 auditors, 3rd party general partners & fund administrators.
Essential duties to do the job:
- Communicate effectively with external third-party vendors & internal business units to accomplish role objectives
- Work with large volumes of data, while under strict deadlines
- Understand financial statement auditing in order to facilitate the process
- Keep management informed of engagement status & important issues as they arise
- Stay current on changing rules & regulations in the industry
- Obtain & maintain a thorough understanding of generally accepted auditing standards & financial statement presentations
- Assist with project management & contribute to process improvements to build scale & enhance financial reporting controls
- Use a variety of technology platforms both internal & external comfortably
- Previous experience in Audit & Regulatory functions
- Knowledge & skill with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Attention to detail & accuracy with organizational skills as a strength
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with a collaborative demeanor
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving & decision-making skills
- Experience in interpreting & understanding Limited Partnership Agreements & Private Placement Memorandums
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, being responsible for multiple assignments & meeting deadlines
- BS/BA Accounting degree with auditing course work preferred but not required
iCapital Network is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender ,sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.