Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building high-performing teams & creating experiences that your peers will love.
The billing team at DigitalOcean focuses on keeping billing as simple, correct, & transparent as possible. We support a variety of complex billing models & financial instruments, such as discounts, free trials, & credits. We serve a passionate developer community that has grown to love our straightforward, easy to understand pricing that removes one more obstacle as they create & run their software in the cloud.
As a software engineer within the Billing Engineering Team you will be responsible for thinking about how to deal with complex billing information to create straightforward billing workflows for customers, as well as meet all compliance requirements. You will work with teams across DigitalOcean to develop billing solutions for new products & will be responsible for ensuring our systems scale & perform to meet the needs of DigitalOceans expanding business & customer base.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Designing, writing & running the systems that provide an intuitive experience for developers as they engage DigitalOcean products & services
- Working with other engineers to build performant systems, that take into account testing, monitoring, alerting, build pipelines & deployment to multiple systems
- Collaborating with other teams on how we can improve our systems to provide better visibility into dependencies
- Researching emerging tools, trends & methodologies & enhancing existing systems & processes to use them
- Working with interesting technologies such as Go, Ruby, Docker, Sentry, Prometheus, CI/CD pipelines & more
- Contributing back to the open source software that we rely on
What We'll Expect From You:
- A good concept of scale & a desire to help create & run highly reliable & performant distributed services
- A healthy respect for tests, & their relationship with distributed architectures & continuous integration
- An ability to work at multiple levels of the stack
- A fluent Linux shell user with good understanding of Linux operating systems
- Proficiency with the use of datastores like MySQL, Postgres and/or Redis
- Proficiency with REST & gRPC APIs
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Go, Ruby, Python or Java
- Experience with Docker, CI/CD pipelines like Concourse, pub/sub event systems like Kafka, etc
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people.We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard, but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development.We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here, & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you.We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future.We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work.We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity.We are an equal opportunity employer, & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!