Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging & interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about sharing & amplifying our message.
We are looking for an ambitious external communications associate to help facilitate, manage, & advance external communications at DigitalOcean. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Communications, the external communications associate will support various external communications initiatives. As a member of the communications team, you will contribute to ensuring the right messages reach the right audiences at the right times.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Support facilitation of external communications, including media relations & coordination of media interviews, tracking & reporting of results, drafting materials as needed, & coordination of approvals of contributed content (bylines, media Q&As) awards & speaking with DO subject matter experts, legal & any other internal stakeholders.
- Contribute to external strategic communication planning for the company.
- Create new & improve existing communications channels for driving messaging to reach external audiences.
- Work with stakeholders to brainstorm & contribute new engaging communication campaigns or opportunities that support various external initiatives.
- Support the measurement & evaluation of external communication efforts.
- Documenting & updating systems & processes to supplement & strengthen our external communications playbook.
What Well Expect From You:
- 1-2 years experience in an external communications role.
- Detail-oriented, process-driven & extremely organized with strong documentation skills.
- Creative mindset with excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- An excitement to work on high-visibility projects in a fast-paced environment.
- A love for tracking data & defining new metrics.
- A passion for technology, development, & the cloud.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or a related field.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC & Cambridge, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.