Our international business is growing rapidly & we are seeking an experienced, bilingual English-German language service specialist to join our UK team, based in Wyboston Lakes in Bedfordshire. Spoken & written fluency in both languages is essential to success.
1stdibs has a strong network of German dealers & a growing base of consumer buyers, which we expect to continue to grow inline with our recently-launched German-language site. The Specialist will play a cross-functional role, interacting with both buyers & dealers, resolving order-related service queries as well as facilitating shipping-related support as required.
The team is continually making improvements & taking on new projects, & were looking for driven self-starters who will help us to tackle these challenges & stay on top of the competition. The Client Service team is globally integrated, with headquarters in NYC, & works in tandem with our Seller Relations & Logistics teams in the UK & New York.
What youll do
- Ensure every customer receives exceptional service in every interaction; meet & exceed service levels for first response & time to resolution
- Track & maintain constant communication with the customer from the beginning to the end of any established case, issue, or concern
- Fully document email & phone-based service interactions in SalesForce, our CRM platform
Translate communications between German-based customers & dealers globally
- Assist with shipping & delivery-related issues in German & English
- Provide light sales support to German speaking VIP buyers
- Continually identify opportunities to improve customer experience
What you'll bring
- Full fluency in both English & German, as well as an understanding of cultural differences across markets
- 2+ years in customer service or sales support; excellent customer-facing skills & an appreciation of a service role
- Basic understanding of shipping & import regulations into Germany would be an advantage
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal) & problem solving skills
- Experience with SalesForce and/or other CRM systems
- Luxury goods experience a strong plus
- French, Spanish, & Italian language skills would also be an advantage
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for one-of-a-kind products. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, vintage & contemporary furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion, & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, Spark Capital, & Alibaba Group, 1stdibs is led by a team of expert curators & seasoned internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, & Twitter.