The mission of Product Offerings & Growth is to deliver technology that powers the growth of our core businesses, by providing the right products to the right people at the right price at the right time. It includes how we create product offerings out of SKUs, sellable inventory, & membership rules, at a dynamically optimized price. Product Offerings & Growth covers the entire journey of a member, from their first interaction with our website or a salesperson, all the way through providing the right account visibility & flexibility so they stay a member for life & grow with us.
Here are some examples of the objectives that our team is trying to achieve:
- Shorten the product to market time across WeWorks portfolio
- Drive up revenue through data-driven price optimization
- Launch tailored flexible product offerings to enterprise & mid-market members
- Improve retention & reduce unexpected churn
Youll be a contributing engineer spending most of your time solving technical & product problems with other engineers & other disciplines. You will be expected to:
- Evolve our systems using high quality, scalable architectural design via code review & design doc
- Deliver high-quality code that impacts the bottom line of the business
- Help steer technical decisions about infrastructure & architecture
- Utilize design, coding patterns, tools & frameworks & methods to help in effectively meeting cross-team objectives & the overall quarterly team objectives.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or relevant experience, master degree preferred).
- Minimum 8+ years of experience building highly available critical systems.
- Proven experience in demonstrating architecture skills at a multi-system level.
- Proven experience writing scalable, high-performant, instrumented & clean code.
- Demonstrated experience with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Experience designing & developing platform level, reusable components, including event architectures, messaging, & caching (JMS, ActiveMQ, Kinesis, Apache Kafka, etc).
- Experience driving technical excellence & engineering practices across teams.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of space as a service. From identifying & designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, & enhance the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout & form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 335+ buildings in 20+ countries, & will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.