The Member Experience mission at WeWork delivers experiences that create intelligent spaces & connected, consciously-engineered communities to make people happier & more productive at work. We build products to foster a sense of community in our digital & physical spaces, enable increased productivity for our members, & evolve the ways in which members connect within the community.
As a Senior Data Engineer in the Member Experience mission, you will lead the strategy & execution for a small but growing team of talented engineers to democratize access to data & insights. You will drive initiatives to evolve our data infrastructure, build reliable data models, surface key company metrics, & develop tools that streamline data discovery & knowledge sharing.
Who you are:
- You have a strategic mindset when it comes to democratizing data access & discovery
- You're motivated to enable collaboration with engineering, product & data science teams
- You have excellent written & verbal communication skills
- You are a self-starter & feel energized by a fast-paced work environment
- Identify strategic opportunities to evolve our data engineering & analytics practices
- Develop tools & processes to support self-service data pipeline management, streamline reporting & enable data discovery
- Build & maintain the analytics layer of our teams data environment to make data standardized & easily accessible
- Collaborate with platform teams on the design & adoption of data processing, management & analysis services
- Lead training on effective usage of data models & self-service tools to enable a stronger data culture
- Actively contribute to planning & goal setting in collaboration with data science leads
- Provide technical mentorship & hands-on guidance to more junior team members
- Develop & instill best practices within the team & with partner groups
- You have 8+ years of experience in data engineering or business intelligence
- You have 2+ years of experience with scoping, leading & executing complex long-term projects
- You have the ability to identify impactful opportunities to evolve analytics or data science workflows
- You have the ability to build systems that make data easily accessible for analysis & visualization with minimal supervision
- You are proficient in any flavor of SQL & at least one scripting language (ideally Python)
- You have the ability to initiate collaborations with data scientists & software engineers
- You have experience mentoring & coaching more junior engineers successfully
Nice to Have
- Experience with at least one of our BI platforms (Looker & Tableau)
- Experience with any of the following: AWS, Snowflake, Airflow, dbt
- Experience as a full-stack engineer
- You enjoy telling a compelling story with data
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data & technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster & smarter, & ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings.
Our state of the art technologies & dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 425 in just over nine years.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.