Design at Compass
Compass is a real estate platform that provides comprehensive brokerage services, combining exceptional agents with thoughtfully crafted digital products to make the process of buying, selling, or renting a home intelligent, deliberate, & seamless.
Designers lead the full lifecycle of their designs across all platforms, collaborate with product managers on strategy, participate in research to test & validate designs, & consult with engineering to make everything come to life.
About the Role
This role is to join our Productivity Apps team: responsible for creating a cohesive & unified workflow across an optimized set of agent tools. We make it easier for our agents to manage & prioritize their daily tasks & facilitate meaningful discovery & communication between agents & their clients.
What We Look For:
Were looking for an experienced product designer who loves & has had success in simplifying complex workstreams into simple, intuitive experiences. You bring a solid knowledge of best practices & a keen ability to leverage data insights to substantially improve the value & performance of the products you work on. You value feedback, care deeply about quality, & are outcomes focused.
While this isnt a managerial role, you will help drive critical thinking & team alignment around solving the right problems. You are a meaningful contributor to strategic thinking & planning & are comfortable thinking two or three quarters ahead. You enjoy mentoring designers & can effectively share & communicate your design process in a way contributes to the growth of others.
In addition to being a strategic partner, you love to execute the creation of great user experiences: mapping seamless flows, contributing components to our design system, & geeking out on UI details or interaction patterns. Youre hands-on & excited to roll up your sleeves & get things done as part of a dynamic team.
You have pixel-perfect standards with exceptional interaction design skills & an eye for accessibility & usability. Youll collaborate with front-end & back-end engineers to ensure well-executed, high-quality experiences on Web, iOS, & Android.
You have extensive knowledge of best-in-class industry standard patterns across web & native mobile platforms & an understanding of how to best integrate these patterns into our system. You also have a strong knowledge of platform affordances & how to use their constraints to enhance the features you design.
What You Get To Do Every Day:
- Own the iterative design process of major feature initiatives from concept to shipping
- Meaningfully collaborate with PMs on product specs.
- Participate in extensive user research, identifying key pain points & solving for them.
- Pair with engineers to realize your designs on all platforms (web, iOS, Android).
- Be constantly on the lookout for best practices, design patterns & anti-patterns, throughout various industries & platforms.
- Participate in sprint planning & quarterly roadmap discussions.
- Be a key player on a small but mighty team making a huge impact
- At least 5-7 years experience designing enterprise and/or enterprise software
- Thinks in terms of design systems & makes rational & logical design decisions
- Knowledge of modern, emerging web & mobile UI patterns & design tools
- Flourishes in an environment of continuous learning & eager to advance your craft further
- Strong technical background with an understanding of the basics of modern applications
- Ability to communicate & collaborate on cross-functional teams
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.