Civic, a new effort being incubated at TED, aims to help build a healthy information commons where people can reliably find factual information & participate in democratic discourse. Well design, prototype, & develop a range of experimental technologies, working with TED communities, media organizations, academic researchers, & users around the globe.
This individual will play a foundational role getting Civic off the ground, & will take part in a wide range of activities: brainstorming & ideating, developing software, meeting with a range of partners, & helping to define our culture & rhythms.
This role is based in New York City.
- Experience architecting, developing, testing, deploying, & maintaining large-scale systems
- Proven ability to leverage open-source libraries, design systems, & APIs to accelerate prototyping & deployment
- Strong communication, curiosity, & perspective-taking skills
- Excited to drive nimble, mission-driven work to combat misinformation
- Execute individual projects, managing priorities, deadlines & deliverables with minimal supervision
- Help build a world class team that balances innovation & execution
- Participate in partnerships, convenings, brainstorms, & other collaborative exercises
Workplace Conditions / Physical, Mental & Visual Demands:
- Physical: Repetitive movement of wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Mental/Visual: Concentrated mental and/or visual attention; work involves performing tasks to very close accuracy & quality specifications
- Machines, Tools, Equipment, Electronic Devices, Computer Software, etc.
- Ability to use common office equipment such as telephone, computer & copier
- Computer programs to include MS Office, Mac programs, Google Docs, functional related databases
- Travel: Upon request