The ideal candidate has proven design & build skills, passion for low-level systems software & device driver programming, hands-on experience working on Operating Systems at the lower layers from firmware to BSP, & experience with shipping hardware/software products. You are the kind of leader who has expertise building & managing high performance teams creating high reliable, robust, & performant systems software.
You have hands-on experience leading teams bringing up new hardware & software systems & have significant experience debugging & repairing complex, multi-component system level issues using a variety of OS & bus level debugging tools, e.g. USB/Logic analyzer/Ethernet protocol analyzers, kernel debuggers, OS event tracing infrastructure, etc.
- Manage a team of software engineers that builds low level OS stack for Peloton's device family.
- Build & lead team designing, implementing, debugging complex, system-level, multi-component issues that typically span across multiple layers from kernel to application.
- Manage engineers & help them develop their careers, assigning them to projects tailored to their skill levels, long-term skill development, personalities, & work styles.
- Communicate & collaborate effectively with cross-functional hardware & software engineering teams.
- Champion engineering & operational excellence, establishing metrics & process for regular assessment & improvement.
- Set clear expectations & create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering & management teams.
- Work closely with dedicated recruiting staff to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences/events, & on-boarding new employees.
- Build & lead team designing & implementing device & bus drivers that operate efficiently in a constrained environment yet when pressed can efficiently deliver large volumes of data with low-latency & high-bandwidth.
- Understand software components from multiple partner teams, lead the integration of those components into the unified product code base, & drive their continued development.
- 7+ years of experience in managing engineering teams including hiring/termination & performance management.
- 10+ years of work experience architecting, developing, & launching software products and/or services.
- 10+ years of experience with Linux, Android, open-source software, or mobile SoCs.
- Experience shipping consumer products.
- Proven track record of building & supporting cross-functional teams.
- Experience supporting, coaching, mentoring, & developing engineers.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Experience developing, debugging, & shipping software products on large code bases that span platforms & tools.
- Experience in managing managers & tech teams.
- Experience with low-latency, bandwidth & streaming hardware devices.
- Experience developing software for consumer electronics devices.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Android Kernel/Framework experience, linux kernel, ARM Platforms, power management, on-device firmware (MCU or DSP), device bring up & bootloaders, User Space/Core Services, BSP, Networking, Storage, Wireless, Security, Graphics, Audio.
- Experience working on multiple classes of drivers e.g., bus, block, wireless, display drivers
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.