About Walmart eCommerce
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. Youll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness & transparency. With the energy of a startup & the scale of the Fortune One, its the ultimate innovators playground. Are you hungry to own your career & catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About the Role
Pricing is at the heart of what makes us Walmart. We are passionate about helping our customers Save Money, & Live Better. We achieve this vision through a pricing strategy called Everyday Low Prices (EDLP), which has been Walmarts secret sauce for over half a century. Now, we are redefining EDLP in an e-commerce world of dynamic pricing.
The Pricing product team is responsible for enabling Walmart.com to deliver on EDLP. You will lead a team of product managers, analysts, data scientists, & engineers, spread across the Bay Area, New York, & Dublin as you bring this vision to life. The core pricing product includes all our core pricing algorithms, competitor response, margin management, clearance management, user interactions, site badging, anomaly detection, & backend systems. These critical, tier 1 systems put you at the center of some of Walmarts biggest go-to-market strategies.
Were looking for a unique, talented individual. You need to love working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with ownership of one of our most important products, significant cross-functional relationship management, & with strong upward mobility. You need to be an excellent communicator, problem solver, tension-diffuser, & people developer. You need to easily zoom in to the smallest detail of a backend system, then zoom back out to speak to an issues impact on our overall P&L. You are a strong partner & thought leader, but can hold your own when influencing a cross-functional partner, while maintaining the relationship. You can set a vision & inspire others, but also hold your team to the highest standards. You dont have patience for inaction, & find ways to get things done in a large organization. Your team members love working for you because of the way you support, challenge, & push them to grow.
More specifically, you will:
- Set the Pricing Product vision & product roadmap
- Design & evolve a framework to define objectives & measure success
- Collaborate with Engineering to build new algorithms & features
- Leverage data & analytics to identify actionable opportunities & provide senior leadership with key insights into the competitive landscape
- Develop team-members as they work through various workstreams including supporting the product life-cycle, building & monitoring reports, conducting in-depth analyses, & stewarding cross-functional initiatives
- Interface with & advise multiple teams including Pricing Strategy, Competitive Intelligence, Retail, Catalog, & Marketing
- 8+ years of experience in a highly analytical product management role
- A rigorous course of undergraduate study with a preference towards computer science, engineering, business, economics, natural sciences, or mathematics
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional projects & manage teams with time-sensitive deliverables & shifting priorities
- Sufficient mastery of technical concepts to participate in design discussions & materially contribute to building & maintaining complex technical systems
- Strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to influence without direct authority
- Knowledge of SQL or other relational database query languages is preferred