Were looking for people who are driven by collaborative & creative environments to develop simple, innovative, & beautifully designed products that customers love to use.
As part of a product-driven & design-led company, you will be a big part of a small team of Product Designers owning core developments of the product, from inception to post-launch reflection. Asana is helping teams in 195 countries become significantly more productive with our leading work management platform. You will be designing beautiful experiences that make it as simple as possible for millions of users to adopt, use, & benefit from our product, helping us achieve our mission to enable all teams to work together effortlessly.
Asanas Product Design team is a tight-knit, collaborative group of designers from many different backgrounds who love combining research, data insights, & peer feedback into a user-centered design process. We pride ourselves on having a high Designer to Engineer ratio that enables you to do your best work on a balanced team. Were looking for outstanding people anywhere to help us innovate & scale, & we offer relocation.
What youll achieve
- Own & lead the end-to-end design process of major features & iterations of an award-winning product (read stories on the Asana Design blog)
- Be actively involved in defining the strategy for your program
- Work through product problems from definition & opportunity to shipping features to our customers
- Be actively involved in defining the strategy for your program, thinking in terms of design systems, not just screens
- Design & prototype multiple ideas quickly, sometimes with customers, to validate product directions
- Participate in design critique & product leadership feedback meetings
- Partner with engineers as they build & ship ideas
- Experience career growth & personal development with world-class mentorship & development programs
- 4+ years relevant design experience at a high tech, product-driven company
- Experience designing digital apps & systems; you have helped ship products before, ideally in the SaaS/B2B space
- Clearly communicate design work with solid rationale that uses research & data
- A driven self starter who is excited about collaborating & building relationships with other teams in the company, like Engineering, Marketing, UXR, & Product Management
- Possess a strong understanding of the product development process, from problem definition through to detailed UI & visual design
- Creative problem-solver who can iterate with low-fidelity sketches of workflows & translate those into beautiful high-fidelity designs using Sketch, Figma, & others
- Able to understand & follow a design system, & challenge & contribute to it when necessary
- Strong aptitude for building prototypes at various fidelity using tools like Framer, Flinto, Keynote, InVision, or HTML/CSS/JS
Asana is a leading work management platform for teams, on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. More than 50,000 organizations & millions of users across 195 countries rely on Asana to focus on the work that matters, including Airbnb, Disney, KLM Air France, NASA, Uber & Vox Media. Our highly recognized culture spurs innovation & business results, & for the last two years, Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE & one of Glassdoors Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, & Sydney, Asana is always looking for bright, collaborative individuals to be a part of our inclusive culture & help us achieve our mission.