Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. Vox Medias networks & businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, & the Vox Media Podcast Network.
The Vox Media Communications team is looking for a driven & highly organized communications professional to join the company & oversee communications & PR for several of Vox Medias editorial networks. This position will report to Vox Medias Vice President of Communications & will be based in the companys New York City office.
This role will work across several of the Vox Media editorial networks, & be responsible for developing & executing communications strategies, working closely with editorial leads & teams, developing communications plans to support goals & priorities for several editorial networks simultaneously, including the promotion of editorial products & content, & talent development & promotion, & contribute to managing an external PR agency on a day-to-day basis.
The ideal candidate has a deep knowledge of, & interest in, Vox Media & our editorial networks which span news, tech, sports, food, business, gaming, & real estate/home topics, & the media industry & news cycle.
What you'll do:
- Develop communications strategies to advance specific network goals & priority projects including announcements, talent & content promotion, product launches, speaking opportunities & events
- Lead development of strategies, & media relations & pitching efforts
- Work closely with editorial leadership to develop communications strategies & proactively identifying areas for progress
- Contribute to the preparation of select editorial talent for speaking opportunities & media interviews
- Contribute to development of creative internal communications strategies to promote editorial projects amongst Vox Media staff & identify opportunities for collaboration
What you'll bring:
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field of study
- At least 5-7 years experience in public relations, communications or related field
- Experience developing robust communications strategies & plans
- Proven track record of pitching & securing coverage of editorial content & talent in print, online, audio & broadcast outlets
- Strong understanding of the subjects & content types that resonate best with different audiences & platforms. Strong understanding of how digital news circulates online & where & when Vox Medias editorial content, talent & news is relevant
- Experience working closely with editorial leaders & executives
- Strong verbal & written communication skills required. Extreme attention to details, including grammar & spelling, are a must
Bonus points for:
- Show a strong interest & knowledge in a broad genre of media sources & platforms. You get your news & entertainment, on a variety of subjects, from a variety of sources & places
- Embraces teamwork & displays an enterprising attitude. You are excited to produce thoughtful, creative, well-organized, & high-quality work
- Able to work at a fast pace while managing multiple tasks & maintaining a professional attitude. You embrace change & are flexible as priorities & strategies shift
- You are confident & comfortable interacting with editorial leaders & executives to provide strategic counsel & feedback
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.