About this Role
Join the team at Fandom & work with great people (fans! Star Wars, Twin Peaks, RPG games). As a Staff Software Engineer you will work on a global team that solves complex business problems & drives growth. As a senior engineer at Fandom, you will be integral to building features for & improving our community platform that serves our 300MM+ unique users per month.
As a Staff Software Engineer at Fandom you will:
- Deliver high quality, tested, & maintainable code
- Work in an environment where you have direct influence on product & technical decisions
- Make decisions based on data & run A/B tests to validate ideas
- Share knowledge & drive the adoption of best practices & tools across the engineering organisation
- Give feedback to your peers, sharing knowledge with others, providing mentorship & advice to other engineers
- Provide technical leadership within your team & ensure the technical quality of your teams deliverables are of a sufficient standard & are future proof
- Work & gain experience in our stack, using the right technology for the job
- We have not only PHP & JS in our stack, but you can also try your hand at Java, React, Python, & Go, & gain experience with technologies like Kubernetes
We are looking for people who have:
- Min 5+ years of server-side web frameworks & languages experience; willing to write JS, React
- Strong mentoring skills & strong communication skills
- Experienced with developing large scale, highly-trafficked & dynamic websites & systems
- You are creative, data-driven, resourceful & eager to learn
- You have the ability to work cross-functionally to resolve technical & operational issues
- You have a desire to make a significant impact & a sense of urgency
- A business-oriented engineer
- Focused on code quality & automated testing
- Upper-intermediate English level
Bonus points if you have:
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, Fandom provides a home to explore, contribute to, & celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or whats buzzing in entertainment, Fandom has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge & carefully curated & fun, original multi-platform content.
Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Here are our Fandom values:
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.