Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
The Planning Team is responsible for forecasting demand & managing the Inventory across all BARK business lines. We're obsessed with results, data, process & finding solutions. We work very broadly across virtually all functional groups, including product development, sourcing, finance, product & engineering, growth & logistics. We need curious, data-focused people who are spreadsheet nerds & love dogs above all else. #carrots4lyfe (this will make more sense to you if you meet Jeffrey).
WHO WERE SNIFFING FOR
We are currently looking for a detail oriented, dog-obsessed Sr. Associate Planner to support our Commerce business. The ideal candidate for this role will be a creative problem solver, master of inventory, & of course, dog-obsessed. This role will help us with long-term inventory planning & purchasing. The right candidate will enjoy learning about the needs of our customer base & planning inventory accordingly.
- Maintain a master SKU & inventory report, as well as an excess Retail inventory list, & assist with creative plans to use it
- Own the Retail & Marketplace purchasing process, coordinating with Sales team & Planning Managers on reorder needs & working with Purchasing team to execute accurately & on time
- Assist Planning Managers with demand models as needed
- Suggest improvements within reporting & processes
- Ad hoc reporting as needed
- 2-3 years experience of planning & analytics experience required
- Experience working in a Retail environment is preferred
- Familiarity with Amazon/marketplace operations is a plus
- Experience wearing multiple hats & proactive problem solving
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Extremely detail oriented
- Excellent communicator across internal teams & external teams, not afraid to push back & follow up
- Ability to pull data & create a story from it
- Manages multiple tracking systems & processes
- Process improvement-minded
This position is a full-time/salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Columbus, OH or remotely]. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Please Note: BARK requires all employees or guests entering our space to provide proof of up to date covid-19 vaccinations. Exemption and/or accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
FOR CO/NJ/NY BASED APPLICANTS:
- The base salary range for this position is $65,000-$70,000
**This compensation range is based on BARKs good faith estimate as of the date of this posting & may be modified in the future. Actual pay for this position will depend on a variety of variables including location, travel, internal equity, experience, education, skills & expertise.