At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft understands that the future of a seamless, amazing mobility experience requires more than a great app & great drivers. It also requires a great vehicle. This is why weve reimagined our Driver Hubs to include new vehicle services that will not only improve the experience for our customers but also reduce some of the challenges that come with being a driver. Our in-house vehicle service centers, where drivers will get high quality, affordable maintenance, & repair with lightning speed will be building out quickly.
As a Vehicle Service Technician, Collision you will report to our Service Manager. You will be responsible for the learning, execution, certification, and improvement of our work standards & processes, which are an integral part of our overall vehicle service system. Your role as a member of our team, as is everyone's, is to focus on the improvement of the whole system, so that our customer is better served. This work requires teaming, respect, problem-solving, & collaboration with all parts of our organization, always keeping our customers & fulfillment of their needs as the target. The work is to better understand how your work affects all the other pieces of the process so that when all work interacts, better outcomes are created.
- Act as the highest quality structural & body repair technician
- Performs all structural & body repair processes & operations including mechanical & suspension
- Provide training, assistance, & mentoring of technicians
- Clean & detail vehicles, as needed
- Maintain a clean & safe work environment on a continuous basis & comply with Lyfts repair, safety, & regulatory guidelines
- Maintains & executes system standards & visual management
- Achieves ongoing technical & process training & certification
- Responsible for performing & documenting daily equipment inspections & ensuring equipment is ready for use
- Operate a variety of hand, power, & shop tools
- Partner with team members to drive efficiency & resolve complex issues
- Previous Experience as an Automotive Technician/Mechanic
- Knowledge of diagnostic & repair tools & equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude & troubleshooting skills
- Problem-solving & decision-making abilities
- Discipline to Standard Operating Procedures & Routines
- Ability to learn new technology & repair & service procedures & specifications
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.