Curious about what its like to work at the worlds number 1 discovery platform as a Publisher Account Director? Were glad you asked!
What is the key purpose of a Publisher Account Director?
As a Publisher Account Director focused on Innovation Partnerships, you will lead a team of 3-5 Account Managers, drive the overall growth of a large dynamic book of business, develop strong relationships & deliver exceptional customer service to some of the largest app developers, handset manufacturers & mobile carriers in the world. We are looking for a strong manager who can mentor a team, exceed internal goals & foster a positive team environment.
Taboola employees are highly motivated self-starters who thrive on achieving success after success for our clients. Taboola products are leveraged by our publisher & media companies to drive advertising & audience acquisition while streamlining Editorial teams operations. To be effective with Taboola's customers, you need a strong background in digital advertising or experience in a client-facing role at a premium publisher or media company. You need to be naturally inquisitive & excited about the business value our customers are achieving with our products & services. We take pride in our professionalism, integrity, & ability to deliver real value to our clients. This is an exciting opportunity to play an important role in a very successful & rapidly growing company.
What skills & qualifications do I need?
For this role, it is essential that you have:
- BA/BS required; MBA or equivalent preferred.
- 8+ years of client facing experience in online advertising (publisher experience preferred).
- Solid understanding of web technologies & the digital media revenue ecosystem, including web advertising measurements & analytics.
- Outstanding relationship management & customer service skills to go above & beyond for your clients.
- Demonstrated a history of revenue attainment & strong managerial skills.
- Proven success in maintaining & growing client revenue through upselling or cross-selling to clients.
- People management experience with proven success in hiring & developing talent.
- Ability to lead teams & manage people.
- Very strong analytical thinking abilities, project management & organization skills.
- Ability to present persuasive arguments to support recommendations internally & externally.
- Strong oral & written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to a C-level audience.
- Ability & willingness to work under pressure in a highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong business orientation
What will I be doing on a day-to-day basis?
As a Publisher Account Director, you will:
- Lead a team of Account Managers to deliver excellent customer service & provide consultative support for partners strategy & execution.
- Be the face of the account team for executives internally & senior level client relationships.
- Ability to attract, build, & retain a team of strong, talented account managers including hiring, onboarding & career development for the entire team.
- Create Account Management sales plans identifying upsell & cross sell opportunities & driving to closure.
- Manage the renewal of large annual contracts & drive to closure.
- Develop expert-level understanding of Taboolas platform & value proposition with an eye for non-standard integrations & technically complex solutions
- Maintain active customer conversations through regular & consistent engagement, demonstrating your market knowledge & industry expertise.
- Work with Product Management to ensure that Account Managers & Clients have a voice in the product roadmap strategy.
- Partner with the Advertiser Sales Team to grow revenue for publishers.
- Ensure overall customer satisfaction for the team of Account Managers with the Taboola platform & services.
- Up to 25% travel will be required, per the most up to date safety & health guidelines
If you ask our employees what they love about Taboola they will tell you that here, they are able to discover their best professional selves, explore where they can grow to, & learn from & together with smart & talented people.
- We work with some of the biggest names in the business. Our advertiser clients include Wells Fargo, Toyota, Pinterest, Expedia & Salesforce. Our publisher partners include AOL, CBSi, MSN, USA Today, NBCU, The Weather Channel, ESPN, Bloomberg, IMDb & Business Insider.
- Taboola NYC offers generous health, medical & dental coverage, 401k matching, a fully-stocked kitchen, & various gym partnerships.
Taboola is an equal opportunity employer & we value diversity in all forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees & believe such an environment is critical for success. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need.