We are reinventing global trade.
Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
Flexport has an immediate opening for a Program Manager to join our Finance Optimization team. Finance is central to Flexports success - creating transparency of companys performance, financials, risks & internal controls, & building the people, process & product needed for the future of Flexport.
We're looking for a Program Manager with this mission. You will be the champion to implement finance policies, processes & procedures via leading & managing complex operational projects across multiple function teams, business lines & locations.
This person will have operated successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment. Strong oral & written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope business requirements & prioritize.
Successful candidates will have deep experience in the following three disciplines Accounting, Program Management & Finance Systems.
Report into the Head of Finance, Optimization. This person will work closely with the global financial systems team, accounting operations teams, tax, treasury, & others, & represent the finance organization to various stakeholders. In this role, the candidate will be part of a team that collaborates with business finance & technical teams to deliver solutions that are highly scalable, secure & flexible.
- Work with global finance leaders & provide expertise to develop strategies & tactical planning. Design & drive execution through program & project management.
- Work independently & owns program & projects entirely, both in their area & cross-functionally; Sought out as a mentor & known as the teammate of record in their subject area
- Provide guidance & unblocks others; finds opportunities to mentor & grow teammates
- Lead & collaborate with a team of operations associates & managers, & functional leaders to identify root causes & determine people, process or operational solutions to address them
- Oversee implementation of business measurement, financial guidelines or strategies, & support management reporting through coordination & communication between finance & cross functional teams
- Develop project plan & drive cross-functional team tasks to ensure each project completes on-time, within agreed constraints of resources, scope, quality & risks
- Measure & monitor each project from inception to delivery, including tracking & communicating status, identifying & tracking cross-functional dependencies, proposing options to mitigate risk & drive issues to resolution
- Proactively identifying & removing impediments on behalf of the team or negotiating with stakeholders when the project scope changes.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, & conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal & external team communication, improving transparency, & disseminating information about the project/change.
- Effectively provide updates to stakeholders of key issues that may impact project completion, budget or other results
Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience with a Bachelors degree; or 8 years & a Masters degree; Candidate experience should cover financial processes, project management, accounting requirements documentation, process design, & user acceptance testing responsibilities. Demonstrated experience in leading teams to accomplish unusually complex challenges is expected as this is an ongoing requirement for this position.
- Bachelor degree or above in business management or related disciplines
- 10+ years of working experience in consulting, finance or project management, preferably in the logistic or software development industry (or a Masters degree with 8 year experience; or a PhD with 5 years experience.)
- Knowledge & experience in software development is a plus
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to build strong, cohesive relationships with the finance, operations, technology & other key stakeholders
- Data driven, strong analytical & logical sense
- Strong attention to detail & proficient problem solving skills.
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
- Willing to embrace & drive changes
- Strong sense of prioritization & ability to execute on deliverables
- Be able to influence & motivate the peers & stakeholders
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 116 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Dont be! Many of us were once in your shoes.
Global trade is an infinitely fascinating but highly complex industry, where purchasing decisions are made every day rather than on an annually recurring basis. Dont worry, you wont need to become the worlds expert on ocean freight (we already hired that guy). Well look to you to apply your deep understanding of our key audiences, the funnel, & how to meet a digitally connected audience where they are.
Its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move this industry forward. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.