Here at Appian, were passionate about automation, speed, & efficiency; & the CIO department is a great place to apply these values! From Information Security, Business Technology, to Solution Engineering, joining Appian will provide you with the opportunity to lead technical strategy, execution & communication for all applications to support Appian employees, customers, & partners across the world. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian across the world.
Appian is seeking a Technology Business Partner to be embedded within our Customer Success department, focused on proactive engagement & partnership to define technology strategy & manage the overall business & technology relationship. In partnership with other Technology Business Partners, this is a role on a cross-functional team that maintains a deep understanding of the lines of business & needs of the department, key in devising technology strategy to ensure other departments within the organization have the right technology to keep them running effectively & efficiently.
This role is based at Appian's Headquarters in McLean, VA. Employees hired for this position will have the opportunity to work in a flexible, hybrid environment.
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Build relationships with senior business leaders to offer thought leadership on organizational & technology-related strategy & execution.
- Partner with key stakeholders in Customer Success & their respective organizations to engage in strategic planning meetings to translate business needs into technology plans, identifying & deploying thoughtful strategies to enable our technical consulting function to perform & scale effectively.
- Explore technology solutions for defined business problems & facilitate build vs buy decisioning, as well as procurement & vendor management. Manage an annual road map for technology projects (both internal & vendor-led).
- Collaborate with technical teams within the Business Technology organization on delivering solutions to stakeholders.
- Review & analyze data to identify trends & recommend data-driven solutions to improve the overall function of the organization.
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- Highly visible role with little red tapeyour ideas could quickly & easily turn into impact.
- Immersing you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong & growing! Appian affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- A wide variety of growth & development opportunities such as: Appian product training & Appian certification sponsorship, our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University which is a full library of over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning & Udemy courses, Presentation Skills training, & tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
- Unlimited (flex) PTO, hybrid working arrangement, & flexible working hours.
- Bachelor's degree & 3-5+ years of professional experience
- Experience crafting & executing results-driven technology programs, preferably in a Customer Success or similar business function
- Keen interest in cutting-edge CS/CX technology products (Salesforce a plus!)
- Strong verbal, written communication, & presentation skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a collaborative, results-oriented environment & build strong relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation & value. Today, we help businesses build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented & passionate people, given the power & autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile & collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, & all voices are heard. We value & encourage cross-departmental collaboration, & actively seek opportunities to better ourselves & others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, were focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.