Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, & operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, & humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company & data company all rolled into one.
Customers & users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, & solve our worlds toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, & software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture & community & we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first & prepares our company for growth. Join Planet & be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide & joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, & The Netherlands.
About the Role:
Planet is looking for a strategic product marketer to help grow the market for Planets data & platform, & enable business expansion by operationalizing go-to-market strategies across industries & countries. You will be part of the marketing team, sitting within the dynamic Product & Solutions Marketing group.
This product marketer will be embedded in broad cross-functional, go-to-market initiatives that ultimately drive revenue for Planets high-resolution data products, including those forthcoming from Pelican, our next-generation satellite constellation. Responsibilities include engaging with customers, partners, & internal stakeholders, leading product launch activities, building messaging & positioning, & synthesizing market trends & new use cases that Planet products can address.
You will work closely with the Product organization in defining customer & partner challenges & providing input to the roadmap for new features that address critical unmet needs. You will work closely with the Commercial organization to ensure field readiness, determine effective engagement strategies & arming them with the right messaging, content, & competitive insights.
To be successful in this role, you will bring a clear perspective on how to bring new geospatial data-as-a-service (DaaS) & enterprise software products to an evolving market, with a detailed understanding of how to develop buyer & user personas & the stages of their buying journey. An attention to detail & an eye for high quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to articulate our products differentiated value in ways that resonate with our audiences in different industries. This role is expected to routinely present at external conferences, events, & webinars, & should be adept at public speaking & evangelizing Planets mission & products.
Impact Youll Own:
- Deeply understand the geospatial data & analytics market, where Planet fits; identify opportunities for market expansion & assess gaps.
- Support Planets go-to-market initiatives (product launches, solution development, partnerships) & drive execution of deliverables across sales, product, marketing, legal, & operations teams.
- Lead customer betas & feedback workshops to gather market insights.
- Build out & maintain buyer & user personas & develop product value propositions that differentiate Planet offerings in the market.
- Work with Solutions Marketing to identify & assess which partners can complement existing offerings & develop joint marketing plans.
- Collaborate with the product team to produce & update a portfolio of marketing & sales enablement tools (presentations, data sheets, use cases, demos, battlecards).
- Collaborate with technical teams to create interactive demos & narratives that showcase product value to be used for trade shows, industry events, & sales outreach
- Support marketing campaigns with messaging & content that drive sales pipeline.
- Partner closely with other parts of the marketing organization on global & regional programs, including demand generation, digital marketing, field marketing, creative, & communications.
What You Bring:
- BA/BS degree
- 3+ years of product marketing experience
- Proven track record positioning products & marketing B2B/enterprise products
- Excellent writing, communication, & presentation skills (to both internal & external audiences)
- Creative & analytical thinking skills
- Experience partnering with product, sales, & executive stakeholders & communicating across leadership
- Be an organized, self-starter with ability to collaborate across departments
- Experience working with an international sales teams is an advantage
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Additional company winter holidays & regular global days off
- Remote friendly work environment & flexible working hours
- Contribution to our growth by offering equity options for employees
- Giving back to the community - one day per quarter for charitable work
- Learning & Tuition Reimbursement
- Regular hack-weeks & meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Home office budget
- Employee Resource Groups providing empowering spaces for connection & mentorship
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
Were dedicated to helping the whole Planet, & to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices & on all of our teams. Thats why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity & inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but youre thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We dont just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill peoples careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope youre excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs & we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, & committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth & breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, & local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community & we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential & we will be happy to assist you.