Refinery29 is the leading digital media & entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 550 million across all platforms. Our mission is to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, & claim their power by providing optimistic & diverse creativity, storytelling, & points of view. We deliver style & substance to an audience that's highly engaged across a variety of devices & destinations, from the original video & editorial features, to live experiences & social storytelling.Please visitwww.refinery29.com/en-us,www.refinery29.com/en-ca,www.refinery29.ukandwww.refinery29.de for more information & to browse content.
What Makes an R29er?
You have a deep commitment & passion for the mission of R29 to motivate & inspire women through their own unique power, identity, & infinite potential. You have a deep knowledge and/or interest in womens storytelling & reporting, as well as its distinct power to inform & drive conversation & change. You ignite possibility & solutions in even the most challenging moments, & you have an innate desire to strive for excellence & progress, through your daily work & your attitude.
About the team:
We create original written content for the Canadian edition of Refinery29, everything from long-form articles to packages to service & slideshows. We're composed of six categories Health + Wellness, Living, Entertainment, News, Fashion, & Beauty & we help shape & guide how Refinery29 & its impact can grow into those spaces, delivering on those promises with fresh content, tools, & discussion every day.
About the job:
Refinery29 is looking for a smart, savvy Deputy Editor to join the Canadian editorial team. You are bright, curious, & dedicated to delivering quality storytelling that gets people talking think: cultural commentary, unconventional styling tips, sourcing whats NEXT from influencers & Instagram, all delivered with solid reporting & a sense of humour. You are optimistic, driven, & are a generous collaborator, always eager to make a story stronger & more impactful. You embrace change & are passionate about growing Refinery29s reach in Canada.
What you'll do: (D2D Responsibilities)
- Reporting to the Executive Editor, youll conceptualize, pitch, & execute forward-thinking & disruptive feature & service stories that ensure R29s voice is created for a Canadian audience
- Assign & edit stories written by our staff writer as well as freelance contributors, & contribute your own writing to R29
- Help expand our network of freelance writers & thought-leaders, working with the best talent in Canada
- Ensure that all Refinery29 content is non-judgmental, & is constantly committing to pushing the realms of inclusivity
- Collaborate with New York editorial team to create compelling content across editions
- Program Canadian newsletter, & work with media partners to showcase Refinery29s content
- Work with the Executive Editor to ensure the team meets monthly production, traffic, & content goals
What you have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience at a publication or digital media company
- A positive, intuitive/proactive, & collaborative mindset that wants to push content to the next-level
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Superior judgement & discretion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Keynote, Google Calendar
To be successful here you are:
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-volume team
- Someone who enjoys problem-solving in an ever-changing environment
- Inspired to push boundaries & be a leader