"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, & create across thousands of communities.
The Core Experience team at Reddit is focused on bringing a modern & cohesive experience to all of Reddits platforms. We want Reddit users to experience best-in-class UI/UX on every platform. Reddit should be intuitive for new users & delightful to use for existing users.
As the first Data Scientist on the Core User Experience team, you will directly drive this mission forward. You will be responsible for helping shape how the most senior levels of the organization think & talk about our users by analyzing user trends, identifying cross-functional insights, & directly impacting our strategic & user experience roadmap.
- Partner with senior leaders in Data Science & Product to define Reddit's vision for the core user experience
- Work very closely with senior leaders in Product & Data Science to generate insights, materials for senior executive committee & board meetings
- Define key metrics & analyses that represent the nature & physics of the users in the platform, & what users think about the platform (NPS, user retention, user segmentations, etc.)
- Interface across a large number of cross-functional stakeholders (Product, Data, Design, Research) to reach alignment, influence the vision & roadmap
- Build & own data analysis products & analytical processes (ETLs, data collection & aggregation) to support with the activities described above
What We Can Expect From You:
- 2+ years of experience in analytics roles
- 2+ years of experience preparing materials, conducting meetings & communicating at the C-level / board-level (strategy consulting or similar experience in a large organization)
- 2+ years of experience managing multiple stakeholder relationships across cross-functional teams
- Bachelors degree or above in a quantitative major (e.g., mathematics, statistics, computer science).
- Proficiency with SQL & Python programming languages
- Experience with dash-boarding tools & data visualization
- Familiarity with experimentation & causal inference analyses
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) experience, Net Promoter Score (NPS) Survey Analysis experience preferred
- Consumer product, consumer goods, e-commerce experience preferred but not required