At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
Our IT Support Technician role is a hands-on position with primary responsibility for delivering an exceptional corporate computing experience for our employees & guests. The role will be responsible for on-site & remote first level IT support, maintenance & resolution, & triage & dispatch, as appropriate, of issues & requests. Additionally, he/she will support audio-visual needs for Cloudflares events, client computing hardware inventory management & setup. The IT Support Technician will report to the Director of IT Infrastructure
What you'll do
- Provide client computing support remotely & on-site
- Respond to, troubleshoot & resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Must be flexible, & available for on-call schedules
- Collaborate & coordinate activities with other teams as required (Facilities, HR, Administrative Staff, etc.)
- Ensure high quality customer service levels at all times.
- Approach service commitment with can do attitude in a customer facing role.
- Provide end-user & training assistance, as required
- Accountable for managing receipt, documentation, & storage of IT equipment
- Handle other relevant duties assigned/required such as PC set up, distribution of peripherals, managing the receipt of equipment turned back in to IT, etc.
- Support & maintain in-house Audio-Visual equipment
- Audio Visual setup & support for live events & presentations
- Manage technical aspects of events/meetings ensuring successful completion of all assignments
What you'll bring
- 2+ years first point-of-contact IT support in a corporate environment
- Experience in providing basic end-user computing support
- Hardware & software troubleshooting expertise
- Working knowledge of G-Suite & Microsoft Office
- Experience with multiple conferencing technologies Blue Jeans, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting
- Audio Visual troubleshooting experience, understanding of cabling, how to connect monitors, television screens, cameras, microphones, & Google Chromeboxes.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn new technologies & explore alternative methods
- Desire to stay abreast of current & new technology industry advancements, standards, trends, technologies, & applications.
- Ability to work both independently & as part of a team
- Strong analytical & organizational skills
- Ability to remain calm & supportive while in the midst of a technology crisis
- Familiarity with Zendesk, JAMF
- Comp TIA A+ Certification
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.