Purpose builds & supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, & habitable world. We use public mobilization & storytelling to help leading organizations, activists, businesses, & philanthropies engaged in this fight, & we create campaigning labs & new initiatives that can shift policies & change public narratives when it matters most.
To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, & political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy & powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, & ultimately drives targeted action & creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Purpose is looking for a Contract Specialist contractor to work 2 full days a week to lead contract management at Purpose both locally & internationally. The Contract Specialist will work collaboratively with global cross-functional teams (US, UK, Brazil, Kenya, India, & Australia) on employment contracts, agreement of services, vendors services agreement. This role would also provide legal recommendations to the company on contract terms & make necessary amendments to our existing contract templates so that our contract terms are in compliance with local legal requirements.
In this role you will:
- Contract drafting, revision, review including service agreements, employment contracts, vendor agreements, NDAs in all Purpose geographies
- Review & make necessary amendments to agreements/contract
- Serves as the primary point of contact & provide time-sensitive support to key stakeholders
- Provide general legal advice & answer specific contractual questions as needed
We think you will be a successful candidate if you:
- Five years experience in contract negotiations and/or contract management, or activities related to executing contracts & managing compliance to contractual requirements preferred
- Bachelors degree in Business or Law from an accredited college or university
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to track & follow up on detailed information about contract requirements
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to coordinate & lead cross-functional teams
- Is excited to work with people that are from diverse backgrounds
- Proficiency with G-Suite
Purpose is an equal opportunity employer. Purpose takes on some of the biggest
challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities & backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger & most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals & people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.