WHO WE'RE SNIFFIN' FOR:
BARK creates products, experiences, & entertainment for dogs & the humans who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids & families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
BARK Eats is a new take on feeding your dog. We are working on making it more fun, tastier & personal without limiting ourselves to only the premium/fresh market. We hand deliver portioned meals, backed by our nutritionist - all for the same price as the pet store. Taking all of the tricks around engagement from the BarkBox tool kit & applying it to this daily activity. We're going city by city, & each city will launch with Growth, Operations, & Concierge leads.
We are looking for an Engineer to help plan, experiment & execute the ideal implementation of this platform as we grow.
- Product Focus: Participate in the ideation & planning of features to set the team up for success. We build to deploy.
- Technical: Write well-designed, scalable & reliable code as you ship features that make dogs happy & your coworkers too.
- Code Quality: Maintain a highly responsive system by ensuring code quality, stability & scalability. You are pragmatic not dogmatic.
- Leadership: You are someone who people want to work with. It's not only that you have great ideas, it's that you make other people better too.
- 2+ years of full-stack web-development experience using Ruby on Rails
- Domain knowledge in React, Vuejs or other modern front end frameworks
- Experience working with a relational database
- You have delivered & maintained production software in a team environment
- You are comfortable with diving in to understand & build on an existing codebase
- An entrepreneurial spirit & ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Previous start up experience highly preferred
- Must love dogs