Whats up? Were VaynerMedia APAC! A full-service agency built for the now. Day in & day out, we propel some of the biggest brands in the world to the intersection of attention & culture. Headquartered in New York, were also across the globe & now, were proudly in Asia, servicing a diverse clientele all around the APAC region.1
We believe everyone's got brilliant ideas. But what sets us apart from the rest? It's making a beeline for out-of-the-box, killer concepts with the ability to make stuff happen. We've got makers & creators - from illustrators to poets to musicians to 3D artists to data analysts - who bring brands to life, creating & hijacking at the speed of culture. Youll help us put our heart & soul into our client's products. Solving business problems in unorthodox ways. Touching audiences with emotions. Mixing art & passion with logic & numbers. All to make magic happen.
Were looking for a seasoned Account Director with extensive experience to lead our growing Japan market by providing insight-driven, market strategies, strengthening client & partner agency relationships while collaborating with cross-departmental teams.
This role is open for interested candidates based in Japan or Singapore.
Heres where you come in.
- Youll supervise the overall management of a client's business, ensuring that we are delivering for the clients business everyday.
- Youll strengthen & own client & partner agency relationships (and all other stakeholders) & ensure the rest of the team maps well to the client set.
- Youll act as a point of contact on the clients business, including all campaign performance, & competitive, as well as product cycle while navigates a portfolio of brands within a larger conglomerate or business group
- Youre excellent in presentation skills & deliver impeccable strategic social counsel & ability to partner with creative & media teams to get to a strong story.
- You anticipate the needs of the client & business to sell-through incremental campaign opportunities to clients, that help them achieve the most efficient returns & results on their overall marketing dollars while delivering best in class work that helps grow client business.
- You sell in new business & strategically grow portfolios, building relationships wider (if not higher), including helping sell creative ideas that are on strategy.
- You show strong foundational & working knowledge of creative & media across major digital & social channels, common marketing, media principles with a strong understanding of the social media platforms & their ecosystems.
- You strategize on various Paid Media & Measurement opportunities in social, digital, & broader marketing mix, to provide client recommendations on the proper social & digital KPIs, based on brand-specific goals.
- You collaborate with the leaders of other departments (Creative, Strategy, IPM, Analytics/Insights, Media, Community Management) as well as inter-agency partners to improve & execute on client deliverables, process, & output to ensure ongoing excellence of the work.
- You oversee larger campaign productions (e.g complex video or multiple channel campaigns that require more senior oversight)
- You are able to anticipate production costs, logistics, watch-outs, & what ideas are doable / not doable within a client budget.
- You ensure all scopes & schedules are completed & signed in a timely manner while working alongside finops lead to keep a handle on monthly billing & scope tracker.
We treasure personality & can-do attitude yet we do know that these qualifications lead to success in an amazing hire!
- An illustrious career in client service for media, advertising, or creative agencies in Japan.
- Fluent in Japanese & English & can drive excellent conversation from multi-faceted levels of the organization.
- You have a minimum of 8+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of executing sophisticated, large scale digital media, creative or advertising programs that drove tangible business outcomes.
- You have proven output rooted in highly strategic thinking that leveraged unique insights to drive disproportionate success.
- Lead heart first, care deeply about both people & outcomes
- You are comfortable with a fast-paced environment; & working as an integrated team (across creative, media, & strategy)
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, prioritization, & multitasking skills
- A team player with a positive attitude & strong interpersonal skills
- You have an infectious smile, an upbeat demeanor, & warm personality that contributes to an already strong company culture
- Thrives in a company of good people
Interested candidates can apply directly or send as an amazing email at firstname.lastname@example.org