BARK RETAIL: WHO ARE WE?
As a complement to our popular DTC subscription businesses, BARK Retail is actively engaging dog parents across partners in various sectors. These partners range from food retailers to drugstores, to mass-market chains, membership clubs, pet specialty businesses, lifestyle brands & more. The team boasts a portfolio of channel leading partners that we are proud to call family. There is tremendous white space in front of us, & our ambition for BARK Retail is great. We aspire to do more & better in the space, to think through the dogs eye view, & to consider ourselves true partners with both our dog parents & our retail customers.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
In the Marketing Analyst: Retail Strategy, we are looking for a proven analyst / insights leader to join our team in order to inform & inspire BARKs Retail business strategy. Your role will be to leverage your strategic thinking capabilities, analytical skills & insights to identify short & long-term growth opportunities for the retail business. You will be the team go-to for Category, channel & retailer expertise, as well as portfolio performance & shopper insights. Additionally, youll uses those insights to inform strategic planning, product development & marketing campaigns.
In the end, your goal is to help BARK grow in key product categories & to mine new business opportunities.
- Analyze market data to identify opportunities & proactively communicate them to the team.
- Integrate data from multiple resources (Nielsen or IRI, consumer panel data, insights, etc).
- Organize & analyze large transactional data sets & develop processes & systems to extract knowledge or insights about brand performance & consumer behavior from said data.
- Develop actionable insights & growth strategies for optimizing retailer performance, driving Category growth & informing the long-term retail product pipeline.
- Inform & inspire sales, product, merchandising, & design by using your insight to inform assortment, merchandising, pricing, & shelving strategies.
- Develop & share key reports to monitor & share business performance & key trends.
- Provide periodic & ad hoc analysis reporting based on customer & business need.
- Create fact-based selling stories for presentations to buyers that youll deliver & participate in for internal & customer presentations.
- Play a key support role in building the BARK Retail annual business plan based upon analytical review of performance, category trends, white space opportunities, competitive landscape, & strategic direction for BARK & our customers.
- Partner with the team to find ways to visualize & communicate your work.
- A proven track record working in CPG / retail, ideally with experience in data analytics, POS data or consumer insights.
- Proven ability to interpret data into insights & key selling points that will drive brand & category growth.
- 2-5 years of successful experience with CPG analytics.
- Ideally some knowledge of POS data systems (Nielsen, IRI) required; experience with retail customer-provided data preferred.
- Experience working in a complex organization, with a natural aptitude for problem-solving, cross functional collaboration & highly effective communication skills.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- A highly motivated self-starter, with a drive to innovate BARK in the retail space.
- Strong analytical & technical experience & knowledge.
- Intellectual curiosity - youre not afraid to continuously question data, asking deep dive questions & pursuing answers that may not be readily apparent.
- Ability to think creatively & outside the box to mine insights & identify innovative solutions.
- Comfortable working a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, Vlookup, functions, charting, etc), PowerPoint, & Slides (graphic presentations, selling stories, etc).
- Bachelors Degree.
- Must love dogs & be inspired to super-serve pups!
This position is a full-time position. It is located on-site at our office in New York City. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.