BuzzFeedthe social news & entertainment company provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment & video across the social web.
We are looking for a Senior Account Executive - Entertainment with a passion for social content-driven advertising & marketing inclusive of native, affiliate, media, experiential, data.
You have experience in digital/experiential media & a proven track record within sales. You are able to work within a strong team culture while being independent in managing business. You also have effective collaboration, negotiation, & customer service skills. You thrive in an entrepreneurial learning environment that will allow you to quickly get up to speed on our products & begin generating revenue.
- Pitch renewal business & seeks to find new lines of business in order to generate growth amongst existing clients
- Creatively build a pipeline & maintain a high level of activity
- Prepare for & manage business meetings with clients ranging from agency-level to C-level clients
- Develop a sales strategy & business plan for generating revenue through premium direct sales to brands & agencies as well as RFP agency business
- Host online, phone, in-person presentations, & client entertainment
- Utilize extensive knowledge of assigned clients, including their internal structure, agency partners, etc. to uncover new opportunities for revenue
- Expert on social media, content marketing, mobile & digital video
- 5+ years of previous digital media & sales experience
- Demonstrated an ability to Passion for creatively problem solve revenue generating solutions/products/strategies ing to answer & understanding client business challenges
- A cCurious nature, & are someone who enjoys thinking outside the box
- Previous experience successfully driving revenue through prospecting, discovery, pitching, closing & renewing business
- Intellectual curiosity, & an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal partner teams while being independent in managing your business
- Outstanding communications skills including negotiation skills & exemplary consultative selling skills.
- Experience navigating the internet & social platforms
- A desire to learn & adapt in an ever changing industry
Bonus: A passion for the transforming entertainment industry, an informed POV on the streaming wars, and/or an understanding of Direct-to-Consumer business models
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.