You are a hardworking & creative attorney who is passionate about working on sophisticated contracts, while at the same time growing & managing a team of superstars. This job is for you if you enjoy a fast-paced environment & love giving high-fives (virtual ones) when a deal closes. You have supported large enterprise business teams before & enjoy understanding the business drivers behind a particular deal. You must have a zealous attention to detail, excellent judgment & writing skills, & be customer support focused when dealing with internal clients & external customers.
- J.D. with strong academic credentials & demonstrated record of success as a lawyer.
- 6+ years of legal experience, with at least 5+ years negotiating with telecommunications providers.
- Experience with telecom operators in EMEA
- Ability to structure, draft & negotiate a high volume & broad range of telecom & carrier contracts.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written & verbal, including the ability to advocate for a position while maintaining a collaborative & open-minded approach.
- Ability to triage & prioritize a heavy workflow, develop processes for the team that scale, & setting appropriate expectations with internal clients & delivering results efficiently.
In this role you will be expected to exercise excellent business judgment to seek solutions while managing legal & financial risks, coordinating issue resolution & employing creative problem-solving.
- BE AN OWNER: Take ownership of the drafting, review, negotiation, & management of a range of carrier related legal agreements. Advise Twilios internal clients on contract interpretation & negotiation. Champion Twilios mission, ethics & integrity by ensuring Twilios compliance policies are in practice & protect the company from risk, comply with all applicable local laws & regulations, & are in line with Twilios values.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Seek to understand the context of the positions of Twilios customers & the requests from Twilios internal clients. Strive to solve problems & address issues from their perspectives.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Assist with the development of policies & procedures, & standard commercial templates for purchasing services from multi national operators & local carriers. Create processes & procedures to help support a rapidly-growing, global business that relies on carriers.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Partner with Carrier Relations team & Product team leadership to ensure the commercial legal team is working on the right deals at the right time.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Train & mentor the commercial legal team on carrier negotiation strategy & substantive legal skills.
Twilios legal team prides itself on the trust it has built across the business through consistently providing practical & sound legal advice. Your unique skill set & experience are critical to help support our thriving & growing business & reinforce the trust & partnership we have cultivated with teams across the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be remote. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.