We are seeking a hands-on Senior Accountant to join our Accounting Department. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated & organized & has the proven ability to adapt well in a small, fast-paced, entrepreneurial & diverse team. Reporting to the Director of Accounting, you will have significant responsibility for managing several key business processes, including key month-end close activities. This position also supervises two members of the accounting team.
What youll do
- Oversee cash flow for multiple bank accounts & ensure accounts are reconciled on a daily & monthly basis
- Maintain records & perform reconciliation for multiple balance sheet accounts including credit card receivables & accruals for credit card fees & shipping invoices on a monthly basis
- Review & reconcile sales tax on orders to ensure accurate sales tax return filing
- Review & reconcile eCommerce revenue to cash receipts on a monthly basis
- Review manual order adjustments on a daily basis to ensure accurate & complete payments to sellers
- Perform reconciliations between credit card processor & accounting records to ensure complete & accurate recording of transactions
- Calculate commissions for sales team
- Assist with compliance, including audits & filing various tax returns
- Effectively research, track & resolve accounting or documentation discrepancies
- Assist to develop improved processes & policies & to drive financial discipline across the company
- Assist the Director of Accounting with other activities as requested
- Manage & mentor two members of the team
What you'll bring
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business required; CPA a strong plus
- 3-5 years accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Advanced excel skills
- Experience using NetSuite or similar ERP systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- Experience in managing & mentoring a team
- Self-motivated, personable, organized, & a team player
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal,and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.