Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that tells you what matters & why to make you smarter, faster. We're hiring an Operations Engineer.
Why it Matters: You will support & maintain our existing systems while also building them out. You will help configure AWS, come up with better deployment practices, make our systems more efficient & help us prepare for disasters.
Go Deeper: This opportunity will allow you to play a role in shaping database operations, server architecture & engineering for a start-up that is unapologetically fixing media.
The Details: You have worked on a project from idea to creation & completion, even if it was on your own. Were looking for the following skillset:
- Fast learner with an ability to work collaboratively
- Experience building & maintaining AWS infrastructure
- Knowledge of Docker, Ansible, SQL & Terraform
- Demonstrated experience with Python
- Always looking to make systems more efficient, faster & cheaper
- Past experience with Content Management Systems is a plus
- Knowledge of Jenkins, scripting Jenkinsfiles & parallel builds
- Proven ability to leverage AWS API with tools such as boto3 & others
- Background in operations security/compliance practices very helpful
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter & cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, & diverse work culture
- Learning & development stipend