Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a HRBP to join our People & Culture team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will have had experience in employee relations, strategic organizational design, & scaling for growth. You will report to the HRBP Lead based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What youll do:
- Have a deep understanding of the business & be a thought leader on people & organizational topics within your dedicated team
- Have fundamental knowledge of retail operations & experience supporting retail team members
- Design & rollout retail specific processes & policies as needed
- Partner with your business leaders to implement & scale People team initiatives focusing on hiring, retention, engagement, recognition, talent management & org design
- Coach your business leaders on employee relations matters including performance management, feedback & career pathing
- Independently handle employee relations issues quickly & sensitively while exercising discretion, using judgement to know when to escalate
- Collaborate with the wider People & Culture team to accelerate a culture of diversity, equity & inclusion
- Partner with People Strategy to develop & facilitate manager & team trainings focused on development, culture & career progression
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition on strategic headcount planning, identifying critical roles & succession planning
Who you are:
- 3+ years of progressively more HR or relevant experience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities & competing deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Solution-seeker that displays outstanding judgment, critical thinking & project management skills
- Strong client-service orientation, relationship-building skills & communication skills; proven experience building long term, productive relationships with people from diverse backgrounds & at all levels of the organization
- Capacity to thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced organization as both a solo producer & an eager collaborator
- Strong organizational skills, high level of efficiency, & ability to manage operations with precision & consistent follow through
- Sound knowledge, understanding & practical application of employment law & HR practices
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.