Genius is searching for an intern to support our editorial team with brainstorming, pitching, researching, & writing music-driven news stories & features for the site. Strong writing & editing skills, a solid grasp on compelling storytelling, & a fluency in music cultureparticularly hip-hop & pop musicare essential.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, & the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com & everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, & more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, & the biggest names in musicincluding Frank Ocean, Lorde, & Cardi Bcome to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
- Writing posts & annotations, fact-checking, transcribing interviews, general researching, coding (markdown preferred), & copyediting
- Collaborating with the Genius editorial team to create new concepts & franchises
- Pitching & writing stories for the site
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 1+ years experience writing (in some capacity) about music / entertainment
- Strong interest in writing; deep knowledge of the current music scene, especially hip-hop & pop
- Must submit 2-3 writing samples, a letter of interest, & a resume
- Previous news / journalism experience
- Current Genius user / community member