About your role:
Fandom is currently looking for an Email Marketing Strategist to report into the Manager, Email Strategy & Operations. The Email Marketing Strategist will be a key contributor in driving fans/community engagement via email. This position will support the execution of marketing emails, track key email metrics on an ongoing basis, assist in deriving insights from results & sharing recommendations with the broader Fandom Digital Marketing Team (Fandom & D&D Beyond).
The Email Marketing Strategist will be critical in collaborating with the Marketing, Content, Brand Design, & Analytics teams to deliver marketing support through email marketing that is consistent with our onsite & digital channels for both the Fandom & D&D Beyond brands.
The Email Marketing Strategist must be able to react quickly to support business needs, determine daily activities, & program content while delivering to deadlines.
- Support the management of the email process workflow including planning email calendar with Creative Design & Content, ensuring timely completion of Creative Briefs.
- Maintain daily production, scheduling & execution of email campaign setups, including working with QA team to test email assets.
- Track key email metrics such as Open Rate, CTR, Audience List Sizes & Opt-out Rate by various segments. Work closely with the broader email team to analyze findings, identify trends & recommend a course of action.
- Work closely with our Email Service Provider (ESP) partner (SailThru) to ensure functionality within platform is being used by Fandom/D&D Beyond emails flawlessly.
- Proactively resolve problems & roadblocks in order to keep workflow on schedule & escalate higher level conflicts to manager for resolution.
The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind & critical skill-set as well as the ability to project manage several deliverables.
- Bachelors degree & 1-2 years in email marketing & execution. A background in entertainment, media, retail and/or consumer products is preferable.
- Prior experience in managing a daily email campaign & reporting on results is preferable.
- Prior experience in working with an Email Service Provider (ESP) is preferable.
- Careful attention to detail without sacrificing deadlines & the ability to execute projects from beginning to end.
- Ability to think strategically & work independently.
- High energy must be a deadline driven, highly flexible, & a multi-tasking master.
- Comfort level with Excel. Fluency in Word & PowerPoint preferred.
- The ability to analyze large amounts of data into key insights in a timely fashion & communicate results in an organized & concise way.
- Good interpersonal skills & the ability to work in a corporate work environment with multiple stakeholders in multiple locations/remote. Strong verbal & written communications skills are a must.
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Periodic Team Lunches & Happy Hour
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies & healthy food options
- Employee Interest & Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, Fandom provides a home to explore, contribute to, & celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or whats buzzing in entertainment, Fandom has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge & carefully curated & fun, original multi-platform content.
Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Our Fandom values are:
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer