Noom, a leader in mobile behavior change, combines the power of technology with the empathy of real human coaches to deliver successful behavior change at scale. Our mobile applications cover chronic/pre-chronic disease (diabetes, hypertension, & obesity to name a few), reaching more than 45 million users worldwide, transforming millions of lives, & growing revenue 6x year-over-year. The Marketing Teams are at the forefront of this mission, tackling one of the hardest challenges in healthcare today: getting people to take that initial (and biggest!) step towards living a healthier lifestyle. We are growing internationally. In order to drive Nooms international business effort, Japan is the key market for Noom & we need someone to pioneer our user acquisition efforts. And this is where you come in!
As Digital acquisition manager Manager for Japan market, your objective will be to grow Nooms user base by expanding & advancing our customer acquisition tactics, strategies & channels. You will do this by working alongside the Growth team (including our co-founder & President, Artem Petakov), developing & managing Nooms paid advertising campaigns, conducting & analyzing creative, audience, & funnel tests, & developing key relationships with partners. You will play a pivotal role in getting Japanese people to know Noom. You will use your ability to balance analysis, creativity, & strategy to simultaneously drive down acquisition costs while increasing customer volume. You will be researching Japanese-specific consumer habits, developing hypotheses, implementing & iterating upon campaigns & previous experiments to not only gain users, but help Noom become a household name in Japan. The growth team moves very quickly, & youll be exposed to new challenges on a daily basis.
This position is ideal for current growth marketers looking to work at rapidly scaling B2C startup, & those capable of being in a key decision-making role that combines data & instincts to continue growing Nooms acquisition campaign for Japanese audience. This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, equity, & benefits (including lunches provided by Noom HQ). We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who prove themselves, there is significant opportunity for advancement.
Alongside all the fun perks of working at a cutting edge startup with international reach, you will be given autonomy to test new content strategies & acquisition funnels, continuous learning opportunities, as well as the opportunity to collaborate with executive management in your efforts.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Develop & execute paid media strategies that drive paid acquisition efforts for Japan D2C market (channel definition, purpose, messaging strategy for each)
- Evaluate & test new channels that deliver ROI positive results
- Evaluate & prioritize optimization ideas rigorously
- Manage acquisition campaign optimization rules & processes while iterating, improving, & fine-tuning. (Audience generation, algorithm optimization & spend allocation & pacing)
- Collaborate with designers (both internal & external ) to lead creative testing
- Collaborate with other peers to help developing hypotheses of the several possible market positioning Noom can take for Japanese audiences
- Report actionable learnings & continue to iterate
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- MUST HAVE
- Soft Skills
- Excellent Learner
- Have a growth marketing/optimization mindset; deeply analytical, strong logic & reasoning skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities & intellectual curiosity
- Incredibly self-motivated
- Must be a proactive team player who enjoys working with peers & other key stakeholders to design & execute against the evolving business needs
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills in English & Japanese. Strong writer in Japanese.
- Deep understanding of acquisition KPIs
- Experience in Acquisition budget planning & forecasting
- Experience in hiring/assessing new channels
- Experience in Channel Optimization, Creative testing.
- Comfortable with data & analysis for hypothesis generation & iteration
- Strong knowledge in Japanese paid acquisition channels, Strong awareness of Japanese culture & consumer behavior, & especially within the context of online shopping & virtual services
- Experience in Marketing / Growth targeting Japanese market
- Project management skills -- to coordinate lots of parts
- Experience in digital marketing at startups
- Subscription b2c digital marketing experience
- Experience in managing Japanese Ad agencies
- Experience in leading foreign startups entering Japan market & grew the business from non brand awareness.
- Experience working at US based startups,
- Good at excel
- Experience in Looker/Mixpanel
- Experience creating direct response copy
- Ad copy experience a big plus
WHAT MAKES THIS JOB AMAZING
- Helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- Being part of Noom's rocketship (with revenue exploding 6x year-over-year, & team growing, there are great opportunities for advancement)
- Wonderful benefits (wellness budget, free meals in the office, )
- Huge learning & professional growth opportunity (professional growth is a must at Noom, we reimburse all books, send you to lots of courses, etc.)
- Being part of a transparent, high-performance, yet still family driven culture
- Has tremendous impact for Nooms international growth
We are open to candidates interested in working remotely, however you must be located in the US.