At Paxos, we are creating the infrastructure for a new, open financial system - one that anyone can access & participate in, & that operates efficiently. There are billions of people in the world who are unbanked or underbanked, & trillions of dollars that are locked up because of the inefficiencies of the legacy system. We envision a new system that allows assets to move instantaneously, anywhere in the world - to unlock the potential of assets & people everywhere. Our customers include some of the biggest enterprises in the world like PayPal, Credit-Suisse & Binance, & together we are upgrading the global financial system using modern blockchain & crypto technology.
Paxos is looking for a high-performing VP of Marketing to lead our marketing efforts & help accelerate our exciting growth. We have multiple business lines in various states of maturity, so we are looking for a proven leader who has demonstrated success operating in a high-growth startup environment & introducing the world to new categories of enterprise products in financial technology or a similarly complex industry. Ideal candidates will have experience building & managing a high-performing marketing team, with particular strengths in product marketing & demand generation.
Key to this role is an ability to understand Paxos technology, expertly communicate its benefits & coach others to do the same. Youll ensure that your tactics are creating impact through your creative, strategic & data-driven approach.
Youll report to the COO & collaborate closely with other key leaders of Communications, Business Development, Product, Strategy & more.
What youll do:
- General responsibilities - Oversee all marketing efforts including growth programs, product marketing, content marketing, branding, website.
- Growth marketing - Help build sales channels, customer/market growth strategies, demand generation, customer retention & engagement.
- Product marketing - Oversee a team of product marketers across business lines, ensuring they are strategically aligned & equipped to conduct user research, competitive research, provide sales enablement, determine messaging/positioning.
- Partner collaboration - Interface with marketing counterparts of strategic partners to create joint marketing campaigns, case studies, etc.
- Cross-functional collaboration - Work closely with senior executives to ensure that the marketing function is aligned with the overall business strategy & goals. Interface with sales/BD, product, finance to develop comprehensive, successful go-to-market strategies. Collaborate with our Communications team for corporate marketing initiatives & press.
What you need to have:
- 12+ years of experience, specifically in B2B targeting enterprise clients
- 5+ years leading, managing, hiring, & developing a world-class marketing team
- Past experience creating new categories, bringing new products to market & quickly growing & scaling new brands
- Experience managing marketing programs in multiple business lines with different customer sets & objectives
- The ability to work with cross-functional executives in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to learn new concepts quickly & communicate them clearly
- An approach that includes strategic thinking as well as excellent execution
- Proven frameworks for approaching demand generation, ABM, competitive positioning, sales enablement