Here at Appian, were passionate about technology. We love making it, & we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration & is committed to personal & professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, & in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
Appian is headquartered in the McLean, Virginia area, & we are supportive of both Remote & Hybrid work environments.
This position on Appian's low-code team gives you the opportunity to shape the future of Appian's core product. Our mission is simple. Make it easier & faster to build data-driven business apps & expand to new audiences via our mobile & web portals technology. This position is for you if you're passionate about lowering the technological barrier to entry for organizations across the world & have a positive impact on people's lives.
What youll do: Prioritize, define, & ensure success of product features for various users at the roadmap/release level (we release quarterly) as well as functionalities within each feature at the sprint level (two-week sprints).
- Prioritize what we should build & when by collaborating with stakeholders on product strategy & making data-driven decisions.
- Define how those features will work & look through close collaboration with engineers in design sessions, mockups, UX review, & usability testing.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of your users & customers. Be their advocate.
- Manage your team's backlog through planning & working with developers.
- Share ideas & receive feedback on new features through presentations to stakeholders & collaborators.
- Ensure successful delivery of features & participate in go-to-market activities (documentation, training, webinars, etc).
- Follow your work through to customer impact by tracking adoption/usage, talking to customers & partners, prioritizing bugs & enhancements, & recommending additional investments to meet the market.
To be successful in this role, you need to:
- Strategic thinker & problem solver with a proven ability to prioritize, negotiate, & execute in order to accomplish amazing things.
- Ability to draw clarity of out complex & ever-changing environments; comfortable with working through ambiguity.
- Strong communicator.
- Demonstrated technical background; an engineer at heart with an innate desire to make an impact.
- Imaginative, collaborative, & truly excited about building great product features & experiences.
- Most importantly, passionate about software!
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- Within your first few weeks of joining us, you will attend new hire orientation along with our 2-day engineering bootcamp to ensure you are set up for success
- Access to over 1,000+ Udemy course, along with dedicated learning time to focus on areas you specifically would like to focus on as a programmer
- An agile-led work environment where you will be challenged & your ideas will be heard
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
Preferred Experience Level:
- 2+ years of relevant experience with technical products for enterprise customers, currently in a product management role
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation & value. Today, we help businesses build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented & passionate people, given the power & autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile & collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, & all voices are heard. We value & encourage cross-departmental collaboration, & actively seek opportunities to better ourselves & others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, were focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.