Purpose of the Position: The 2nd Shift Chef is responsible for coordinating meal plans with 1st Shift Chef, preparation & serving 2nd Shift meals to Team Members, ensuring Breakroom is orderly & stocked properly prior to end of shift. Occasionally assist with receiving, checking-in & putting food orders away.
- Prepare, Serve & Clean-up Break Meals & Dinner Meals for 2nd Shift & Sanitation Team according to Meal Plan as coordinated with 1st Shift Chef.
- Coordinate with 1st Shift Chef the Break Meal/Lunch/Dinner menu plans for all Shifts.
- Assist 1st Shift Chef with prep work for all meals as needed.
- Occasionally (when needed) Receive, Check & Put-Away supplies for Kitchen & Breakroom
- Daily re-stock of supplies in Breakroom
- Prepare all food in a safe, sanitary manner
- Maintain kitchen sanitation & safety standard including regular equipment cleaning
- Assist with general cleaning of the breakroom between meal service, as needed.
- Communicate efficiently & professionally with team members & management
- Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperature according to HACCP guidelines
- Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling. Thermometer, or piercing with utensils
- Prepare & cook foods according to recipes & quality standards
- Monitor food quality while preparing food throughout the day utilizing HACCP forms & production charts
- Ensure the quality of the food items & notify manager if a product does not meet specifications
- Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared & the portions that are served including portion control during meal service in order to control food waste & ensure that good food is not thrown away
- Regular & timely attendance
- Promptly communicate all safety related issues & concerns
- Any & all other functions as determined by management
- Assist with proper training of Assistant Chef(s)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 restaurant cooking experience
- Familiar with Kitchen Equipment including Food Processor & Food Mixer
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, & fryers to prepare food
- Able to understand & calculate cooking measurements
- Able to understand & read temperature gauges
- ServSafe Certified
- Be able to lift items t a weight of approximately 50+ pounds
- Be able to stand continuously for periods of time equivalent to 6-10 hours
- High temperatures
- Repetitive hand & arm movement