At TodayTix, we're on a mission to find a seat for everyone. We believe that when theatres are full, creators, communities, & audiences thrive.
Launched in 2013, our international ticketing platform connects global audiences in 15 cities to the $50 billion live entertainment business. We work with thousands of venues to provide the best-priced tickets available in the biggest cities around the world, including New York City, London, Toronto, the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Seattle, Washington DC, Chicago, Sydney, & Melbourne, Australia. Through effortless access to the best shows, insightful guidance to the world of theatre, & thoughtful service at each moment along the way, we enable people to discover the best that their city has to offer.
Our company is design-focused, & we strive for understanding & delivering meaningful & delightful user experience. We design apps to enable consumers to buy tickets effortlessly; we build platforms & infrastructure for our partners to distribute their ticket supply, & we customize tools to provide our 1,600+ global theater & attraction partners with the most complete inventory from Broadway to the West End & between.
The Design team works across many types of product initiatives at TodayTix Groupfrom our brand voice, design system, web, & mobile products, primary qualitative & quantitative research, & even events. We agonize over & take pride in crafting user-friendly & user-focused experiences. Thats where you come in: were looking for a diverse set of designers of many disciplines, skills, backgrounds, & specialties to join our growing Design team.
About the team & role
We are looking for an experienced designer to join our Consumer apps team. Our teams focus is to create world-class experiences for our audience. We pride ourselves in rethinking established paradigms & bringing creative solutions into existence in the theater & entertainment space.
Our product designers take a product, feature, or experience from ideation to production. This includes vision setting, designing solutions, prototyping, bringing along cross-functional teams, overseeing implementation, & collaborating with other designers, researchers, product managers, analysts, & engineers.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with engineers & product managers to define both the long-term strategy & the short-term tactics for our upcoming initiatives
- Collaborate with your squad designer on product features, & with other designers to develop & expand product design systems
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, & sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables
- Focus on what you do best whether thats sketches, wireframes, prototypes, designs, or codeand youll have the opportunity to sharpen the skills youre looking to develop
- Partner closely with your immediate teammates to drive & support UX research projects
- Participate in design reviews & share your work regularly with the design & company leadership
- Structure & facilitate ideation workshops for an emerging product category
What We're Looking For
- Have a great portfolio demonstrating strong product & visual design sensibilities & experience in creating concepts, customer journeys, specifying interaction details, prototyping internally & with users
- Have experience designing for consumer products
- Have a deep understanding of both native mobile & responsive web design
- Can reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, & ease of use
- Are an expert UX, & skilled in more disciplines across product design
- Love working with other designers to help them learn & growand have them help you learn & grow
- Are skilled in explaining your work, process, & decisions to cross-functional stakeholders & crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- Think in systems & are able to extrapolate & extend shared patterns & behaviors
- You care about details & are excited to keep pushing your work until it is pixel-perfect
- Have excellent written & verbal communications skills
- Have 5+ years of relevant design experience at a tech, product-driven company
What We Offer
TodayTix takes care of our team. Were proud to offer a generous suite of benefits & perks. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Healthcare, vision, & dental plans, with generous contributions from the company
- Life & disability insurance
- Free membership & access to One Medical Group & Health Advocate
- Subsidized gym memberships at two New York-based chains
- Pre-Tax Flexible healthcare spending account (FSA), Dependent Care FSA & Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Generous 401(k) Matching
TodayTix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, disability status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, rule or regulation.